Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
ChaseHolmes
Brawn
Points: 187, Level: 3 Points: 187, Level: 3 Points: 187, Level: 3
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

ChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality posts
Default Lying to yourself

So today i was having a conversation with a friend about how he was having trouble making friends because he does not know what to say and he thinks this person probably has likw 10 other friends then he insisted to me afterwards that hes not insecure or unconfident in any way and it reminded me of the reasons im seeing more success recently than i have at any other point in life i dont lie to myself if you are insecure do not tell yourself you are confident if you are being lazy don't say that you are doing "everything you can" if you are playing on you're phone half the time you are in the gym don't tell yourself you are "busting you're ass" and if you are doing a shitty job dont pat yourself on the back acknowledging the problems existence is the first step towards improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChaseHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Good point. But next time, could you please throw in a period every now and then?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
ChaseHolmes
Brawn
Points: 187, Level: 3 Points: 187, Level: 3 Points: 187, Level: 3
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

ChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality postsChaseHolmes has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Good point. But next time, could you please throw in a period every now and then?

Sure thing mate. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChaseHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseHolmes View Post
and if you are doing a shitty job dont pat yourself on the back acknowledging the problems existence is the first step towards improvement

One of the best ways to really improve in life is by taking an honest assessment of what we are doing right and wrong.

Most people don't like to consider the reality that they don't have everything figured out, but it can really go a long way to creating happiness and success.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:17 AM   #5
themaster2981
Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Desi Ghee
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Unfortunately many people (including me) learn this the hard way and not by others' examples.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote