kenbanks
Brawn
Points: 2,151, Level: 28 Points: 2,151, Level: 28 Points: 2,151, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Too damn long
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: I don't take supplements.
kenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributor
Default 2014 Transformation Log

Attached are my official "before" photos for the 2014 Muscle & Brawn Transformation Challenge, taken December 26, 2013, holding a copy of the December 26 issue of the Bangor Daily News (I can produce larger versions of each photo or an online version of the newspaper if the date on the paper is not clearly visible in each photo), as well as a copy of my 24-week diet and training contract, signed by me and two witnesses.

I've been an amateur bodybuilder since 2009, and earlier this year took part in what I planned to be my final stage competition. As indicated in my contract, I might take part in one final contest in 2014, as I was granted sponsorship money for the calendar year, and figure I should burn through it.

I plan to regularly add to this log throughout the year, posting progress photos and detailing workouts. Good luck to everyone taking part in the contest!

-Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-paper-front (565x900).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	12551   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-paper-rear (503x900).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	12552   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-paper-side-b (421x900).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	12553  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014_contract.pdf (99.8 KB, 40 views)
kenbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
kenbanks
Brawn

kenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributorkenbanks is a consistent contributor

My starting weight on December 26 was 168.8 lbs., and this morning I weighed in at 157.8. Granted, it's largely water, undigested garbage food, and associated bloat, but whatever; I'm still 11 pounds closer to my "stage weight" that I'll be hitting on or before June 12 of next year (my participation in this 16-week transformation contest will conclude April 17).

After the conclusion of my first week, I'll be posting progress pictures, training sessions, and some dietary logs for anyone interested (but mostly just to keep myself on track, of course). Good luck to everyone competing!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck Ken. Get it done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
kenbanks
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck Ken. Get it done.
Thank you, good sir! I have every intention to.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
kenbanks
Brawn

Week one is in the books! Attached are my week one progress photos (I swear I changed my underwear in the past seven days). My starting weight was 168.8, and my week one weight is 158.8, for a ten-pound loss. I was a little bit disappointed in the weigh-in, simply because I had weighed less a couple of days ago, but the scale is fickle, and my weight is simply stabilizing right now (besides, it's condition and appearance that matter, not weight).

My week one nutrition plan called for a maximum of 1750 calories per day, with a total of 150 carbohydrates. When cutting, each week I log my daily numbers, and go according to a daily average for the week. My daily average for week one was 1532.3 calories, and 121.3 grams of carbohydrate. I slept 14 hours on day one (December 26) and wound up eating very little, which threw off the average considerably.

As for training, I'm following a slightly modified version of Fred Hatfield's "ABC" bodybuilding program, and I absolutely love it. "A-sessions" are low-intensity; "B-sessions" moderate; and "C-sessions" are batsh*t crazy, high-intensity workouts. My participation in this contest is part of a larger, 24-week peaking process I'm doing, with a finish date of June 12, 2014. This is the first such cutting cycle that I'm not doing in order to enter a bodybuilding contest (I've competed 13 times in the past), and I don't feel rushed at all. I'll be taking it as slowly as I can, and avoiding cardio for as long as possible, which will help to prevent burnout and overtraining.

Continued good luck to everyone taking part in the contest; I will chime in with another update before too long!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-2-front (500x498).jpg
Views:	21
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	12638   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-2-side (396x500).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	12639   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-2-rear (495x500).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	12640  
Old 01-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #6
kenbanks
Brawn

Week two is done! Attached are my comparison photos from Day 1 with today, Day 15. Below are my weigh-in results:

Day 1: 168.8 lbs.
Day 8: 158.8 lbs.
Day 15: 156.4 lbs.

My week two nutrition plan called for a maximum of 1700 calories per day, with a total of 140 carbohydrates. When cutting, each week I log my daily numbers, and go according to a daily average for the week. My daily average for week two was 1526.2 calories, and 103.1 grams of carbohydrate. I've battled a cold/flu the last couple of days, which threw off the average a bit.

As for training, I'm still following a slightly modified version of Fred Hatfield's "ABC" bodybuilding program, and plan to do so for the duration of the cycle (I am not performing any cardiovascular activity at the moment). As I wrote previously, my participation in this contest is part of a larger, 24-week peaking process I'm doing, with a finish date of June 12, 2014.

Continued good luck to everyone taking part in the contest!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-3-front (500x497).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	12726   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-3-side (396x500).jpg
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	12727   Click image for larger version

Name:	1-3-rear (496x500).jpg
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	12728  

Please check out my magazine, The Natural Physique!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 AM   #7
BobbyMac
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,473, Level: 21 Points: 1,473, Level: 21 Points: 1,473, Level: 21
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Exp: about 3y (total combined)
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench
Fav Supp: goat milk
BobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributorBobbyMac is a dedicated contributor

Holy crap, man. Nice work. I'm gonna enter this contest in a couple days but there's no way I'm gonna get the results you're getting right now. Good luck and keep up the good work!

My training log: Twice a Week, Twice the Recovery!
BJJ in Moldova: Pride Moldova BJJ

Facebook link
BobbyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:57 PM   #8
kenbanks
Brawn

Hey, thanks so much, man! I really appreciate that. Bear in mind this ain't my first "cutting rodeo". I'll have more progress pics and a report next week. I've entered two other online transformation contests, all as part of a 24-week cut I'm doing.

Please check out my magazine, The Natural Physique!