Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #11
Wesker
Brawn
Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8 Points: 428, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 9 months
Training Type: Get In Shape
Fav Exercise: Dumbbell Bench Press
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
Wesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good postsWesker has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The one truth I have learned is that most of these folks who want you to create something unique and special for them won't like what you create. They will recoil at the simplicity, hard exercises and focus on progression.
In spite of what all the experts say. when I see a simple program, I think this banal crap will never work......it needs more cowbell. In all areas of life we all want to be experts, with out actually doing the work. Ego searches for what it thinks it needs,excluding everything that doesn't fits into that paradigm ,there by remaining ignorant to what itactually needs. Since people are never pleased with the current situation, they continously search for an improvement. In doing so, they have a tendency to throw out the baby with the bathwater. In weightlifting terms, the baby will often be the routine and the lack of sleep, focus, and poor diet the bathwater. In blaming the routine, you have the convenience of not having to face your own failures. Sadly though, you can change routine, but you own lack of effort will be your loyal companion, in all endeavours you embark upon.

I plead guilty.....don't we all?
Wesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Maintaining is much easier than gaining. If you are heading out of town and have limited time to lift, or need to take it easier at the gym for a month due to the demands of life, reduce your isolation and assistance work and simply go in and hammer out the major compound exercises.

This will help you to maintain strength and muscle, and you can be in and out of the gym in no time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
TDawg75
Team Koolaid Man
Max Brawn
Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36 Points: 3,495, Level: 36
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Maintaining is much easier than gaining. If you are heading out of town and have limited time to lift, or need to take it easier at the gym for a month due to the demands of life, reduce your isolation and assistance work and simply go in and hammer out the major compound exercises.

This will help you to maintain strength and muscle, and you can be in and out of the gym in no time.
Perfect timing with this advice, Steve. Thanks!

Gym pr's- bench 330, DL 405, squat 450
Meet pr's- bench 350, dl 425, squat tbd
My new training log- http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17510
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:

Thanks BtB - I needed to be reminded of this -

I am on the road and short on time, all the time - oh yeah, and I am weak and lazy
Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Anyone that dismisses the art of training has never achieved anything noteworthy.

You have to listen to your body and adapt.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

1200 is a good natural raw total for the average lifter. Above that you either have to be super dedicated to powerlifting for many years and/or start adding weight.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Ill add weight..... Is that a bucket of extra crispy?

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #18
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I want 1300+ before I retire!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Anyone that dismisses the art of training has never achieved anything noteworthy.

You have to listen to your body and adapt.
I am proof of this!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Lift heavy weight to failure...every week, you will get stronger if you eat enough.