Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #21
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig2 View Post
Size expectations want to get big as a can
You are probably closer to that than you realize. I'll dig through some stuff and post some information for you to read concerning this subject.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
trig2
Member
New Brawn
Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
trig2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
Reputation: 110
trig2 is new to the forumtrig2 is new to the forum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
You are probably closer to that than you realize. I'll dig through some stuff and post some information for you to read concerning this subject.


al get a picture sorted out soon
trig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #23
Spunkrat
Member
New Brawn
Points: 703, Level: 14 Points: 703, Level: 14 Points: 703, Level: 14
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 38
Training Exp: 1.5
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Reputation: 710
Spunkrat has made some quality postsSpunkrat has made some quality postsSpunkrat has made some quality postsSpunkrat has made some quality postsSpunkrat has made some quality postsSpunkrat has made some quality postsSpunkrat has made some quality posts
Default

I'd up your training frequency, and seeing as you have a more looks related goal in mind, use either upper/lower 4 days a week training each muscle twice a week or the rotating push/legs/off/pull/off/repeat split so its about twice a week. Since you have 7 years training experience twice a week, or about twice a week frequency could be more ideal for you, with moderate volume.


And in my honest opinion, I think your routine should cut out some unnecessary things. For example, I don't think you need an incline press, flat press and a decline press as well as cross overs. I'd stick with a flat press and possibly an incline or a flat press and dips. I'd also reduce the volume on curls and just focus on overall progression on the basic arm movements such as barbell curls or incline/alternate curls and skulls/close grip.

Last edited by Spunkrat; 11-19-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Spunkrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
SCStrong
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
 
SCStrong's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Inside the dark abyss of my mind
Posts: 1,939
Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
Reputation: 118964
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member
Default

I may have missed this answer but is that you in the profile pic ?........ If it is then not getting bigger is not your issue -
__________________
There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! - Apollo Creed
SCStrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #25
trig2
Member
New Brawn
Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
trig2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
Reputation: 110
trig2 is new to the forumtrig2 is new to the forum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I may have missed this answer but is that you in the profile pic ?........ If it is then not getting bigger is not your issue -



that's me in the pro pic
trig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
trig2
Member
New Brawn
Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
trig2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
Reputation: 110
trig2 is new to the forumtrig2 is new to the forum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkrat View Post
I'd up your training frequency, and seeing as you have a more looks related goal in mind, use either upper/lower 4 days a week training each muscle twice a week or the rotating push/legs/off/pull/off/repeat split so its about twice a week. Since you have 7 years training experience twice a week, or about twice a week frequency could be more ideal for you, with moderate volume.


And in my honest opinion, I think your routine should cut out some unnecessary things. For example, I don't think you need an incline press, flat press and a decline press as well as cross overs. I'd stick with a flat press and possibly an incline or a flat press and dips. I'd also reduce the volume on curls and just focus on overall progression on the basic arm movements such as barbell curls or incline/alternate curls and skulls/close grip.






been there and done all the big moves mate
trig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,944
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Looking at your pics Trig it looks like you have quite a bit of muscle. Naturally you can't expect to gain much more than 5-10 pounds. This could take 3-5 years, and will come slow.

What I would suggest is:

1) Taking measurements so you can monitor all body changes.
2) Setting up a lean bulk eating plan; something you can live with for 2-3 years.
3) Focusing on getting as strong as possible on the quality exercises.

If you need a change of pace as far as routine, maybe try Bulldozer training. I have found this style to be very effective for muscle building.

You can find more here:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...ng-system-tool

There are many more quality options. As a late intermediate lifter you might want to try an upper/lower split.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #28
trig2
Member
New Brawn
Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14 Points: 785, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
trig2's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 46
Reputation: 110
trig2 is new to the forumtrig2 is new to the forum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking at your pics Trig it looks like you have quite a bit of muscle. Naturally you can't expect to gain much more than 5-10 pounds. This could take 3-5 years, and will come slow.

What I would suggest is:

1) Taking measurements so you can monitor all body changes.
2) Setting up a lean bulk eating plan; something you can live with for 2-3 years.
3) Focusing on getting as strong as possible on the quality exercises.

If you need a change of pace as far as routine, maybe try Bulldozer training. I have found this style to be very effective for muscle building.

You can find more here:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...ng-system-tool

There are many more quality options. As a late intermediate lifter you might want to try an upper/lower split.





cheers bro al looking into that stuff bulldozer training looks quite good
trig2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my current routine - bulking fqqs Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 11 02-09-2012 02:51 PM
is this a good workout for bodybuilding purposes (bulking) fqqs Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 2 01-18-2012 06:30 PM
Thor Chris Hemsworth Workout And Bulking Diet Tug Gibson Site Updates 0 05-20-2011 02:40 PM
Leg and Back Bulking Routine Iron Gladiator General Board 0 11-06-2009 08:11 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.