Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23 Points: 1,663, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Squat, push-press
Fav Supp: Mr. Hyde & whiskey
MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor
Default Help w/ programing

I a failed to see any gains in a month of my newest program so I am going back to what worked for me.
MWF: Modified Drunk Russian training (Squat, Deadlift, Bench, OHP)
week 1 6x2
week 2 6x3
week 3 6x4
week 4 6x5
week 5 6x6
week 6 M 5x5 W 4X4 F 3x3
week 7 M 2x2 W remax squat & bench F remax deadlift & OHP

What should I be doing on Tuesday & Thursday?
I really don't want to take off.
The ideas I'm playing with include olympic lifts or doing a body building day. The only thing that is for sure is grip work. Any suggestions throw them in.
Thanks MaB

PS If anyone says cardio I will glare at you through the computer and have an emoticon give you the finger... but only out of love.
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.
-Jamie Lewis (Chaos&Pain)

Nothing exceeds like excess.

HT: 5'10" WT: 220
Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275

Last edited by MadScientistOfMaB; 09-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.
MadScientistOfMaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I tried a fullbody MWF and doing power cleans and snatch T-Th last summer and it didn't go very well. After only a few weeks the cumulative wear and tear on my shoulders and low back which were getting hit essentially everyday caught up with me and I had to stop. Maybe you're young and your joints could take it, but mine couldn't.

I think some bodybuilding stuff would work though.

You also could use those days to do all the foam rolling, stretching, dynamic movements, BW stuff, sled work, etc. to aid in your recovery that most people often don't have time for.

My .02. Good luck.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

That's a lot to recover from already. If I HAD to add anything on off days, it would be [high rep / multiple set] 1 Arm Rows, followed by various sled pulling.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

what kind of percentages are those sets at?

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

MadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributorMadScientistOfMaB is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Roughly 85% across the board. I found a weight I can do 3x3 and am using that for each workout (335 Squat, 315 Bench, 395 DL, 175 OHP). I never got too stuck on percents just found what I could work with...

Thanks all, will take it under consideration and go from there. Maybe power clean and some bb stuff
Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB View Post
Roughly 85% across the board. I found a weight I can do 3x3 and am using that for each workout (335 Squat, 315 Bench, 395 DL, 175 OHP). I never got too stuck on percents just found what I could work with...

Thanks all, will take it under consideration and go from there. Maybe power clean and some bb stuff
most sets of 3s are at about 85%

I was talking about the 6x6 week.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
ruelisla
How to be big and strong
New Brawn
Points: 249, Level: 4 Points: 249, Level: 4 Points: 249, Level: 4
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: deadlift
ruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good postsruelisla has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientistOfMaB View Post
I a failed to see any gains in a month of my newest program so I am going back to what worked for me.
MWF: Modified Drunk Russian training (Squat, Deadlift, Bench, OHP)
week 1 6x2
week 2 6x3
week 3 6x4
week 4 6x5
week 5 6x6
week 6 M 5x5 W 4X4 F 3x3
week 7 M 2x2 W remax squat & bench F remax deadlift & OHP

What should I be doing on Tuesday & Thursday?
I really don't want to take off.
The ideas I'm playing with include olympic lifts or doing a body building day. The only thing that is for sure is grip work. Any suggestions throw them in.
Thanks MaB

PS If anyone says cardio I will glare at you through the computer and have an emoticon give you the finger... but only out of love.
What you should do on tuesday and thurday?

My answer is rest. this is the time where your body recuperate and make muscle gains.

I also do not do cardio specially when you want to gain weight.

What i do for cardio is i do 1 set of 25 to 45 reps on squat and deadlift. this will really pump up your lungs and muscle.

Check the free report by clicking here ===>http://tinyurl.com/mavyeh9

Free Muscle Building Video Reveals “Hardgainers Nutrition & Training Guide To Get Big & Lean In Less Time”

Check the video by clicking here ===> http://tinyurl.com/kromgsv
ruelisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
If he is using the Russian Squat program as a guide its 80%. Your heavy day starts at 6x3 and builds to 6x6. Then you go 85% and higher for 5x5, 4x4,etc. My Olympic lifting coach used it to peak leg strength for meets. You squatted twice a week instead of three. The light day stays at 80% 6x2. It works well when done like that.

Last edited by miked96; 09-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

I figured screw it, why not try something new and just started a smolov cycle. It is nuts. All I do now is add bench or pull ups depending on the day and do some light clean and jerk or snatches each day (working on form)

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
MadScientistOfMaB
Uber Brawn

I figured screw it, why not try something new and just started a smolov cycle (using olymipc squat stance). It is nuts. All I do now is add bench or pull ups depending on the day and do some light clean and jerk or snatches each day (working on form)

Deadlift 455 Squat 405
Bench 355 Push-press 275