Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor
Default 24

Not a big number, but an important one.

You have 24 hours in a day. Don't waste them.

People always ask me why I am up early every single day for workouts, my answer; the early bird gets the worm.
It might be a cheesy quote, but it's true. The most influential people in the world don't wake up at 11am like you do, they don't go out drinking the night before like you do, they are up at the crack of dawn working hard at their craft, while you're sleeping. I've always said you can tell who wants it most, by who wakes up the earliest to do what they do.

The reason people get up early is to get a head start on the day. I'm up at 5, and if you're up at 11, I have a 6 hour head start on my day. An extra 6 hours on the quest for greatness. A lot can happen in 6 hours. Imagine that over the course of a week, that's 42 hours a week. Almost 2 extra days to my week than yours, essentially.

That's an extra 42 hours for me to work hard to better myself as a person. Take advantage of every opportunity, no matter what time of day it happens.

So while you're out late at night, I'm working. When you're asleep at midday, I'm working. So if you want to go out drinking, be my guest. I'm not going to judge you, nor am I going to try and stop you. But where I am going in life, my mind needs no distractions. It needs to be set on my goal, and when the dream comes true, I'll be drunk. Drunk on success.

Some of this may seem cheesy, but it's true. If you want to waste valuable hours in your day that's fine, but I refuse to, and I certainly won't let you bring me down with you.

I work while you sleep. Have a dream, chase it. Do whatever it takes to make your dream come true.

Make each day your masterpiece

Make each day your masterpiece

http://www.youtube.com/JRKDMG

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-04-2013 at 10:33 AM.
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Great post. I love motivational stuff like this.

I used to wake up at 6am every day and somehow I lost all of that motivation and inspiration through getting beat down and every day stressors but I'd like to get back at it.

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good post.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Great post. I love motivational stuff like this.

I used to wake up at 6am every day and somehow I lost all of that motivation and inspiration through getting beat down and every day stressors but I'd like to get back at it.
Thank you Cutty!!

I can appreciate that, it's tough sometimes, but basketball is my escape from everything when I struggle with other things (when I was at Uni, work etc), and I want this so bad nothing will stop me. Was it for a sport or just to be healthy? Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good post.
Thank you! I'll post some more soon, I enjoy writing!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote