Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Question Deficit Deadlifts

I have a question about deficit deadlift, and I can't find any videos from anyone reputable explaining it. I pull conventional, not sumo.

When you do deficit deadlift, do you...
  • ...start with your hips low (i.e., even lower than on regular deadlift since the bar is lower)?
  • ...start with the same set up as regular deadlift (i.e., set up as if the bar were on the same level you're standing on)? This would make your lower back do most of the work, almost like a SLDL.
  • ...just do whatever comes natural because you'll get the same benefits either way?

I did these yesterday. The 1st way felt more natural, but it also felt easier. I thought I might've been negating the purpose of the deficit. So then I did the 2nd way, but I felt like I was rounding my back, and I don't want to injure myself. So how do you do these?
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links