Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

I think maybe he was meaning bigger cuts than the ones I'll be doing.

The ones I'll be doing would only last 2-4 weeks, and I'd only do them 2 o3 3 times in the year.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I think maybe he was meaning bigger cuts than the ones I'll be doing.

The ones I'll be doing would only last 2-4 weeks, and I'd only do them 2 o3 3 times in the year.
If you even need to do them at all, that is.

I'm generally not a fan of teens cutting, but you know what you want and you've accepted that you may not be able to add muscle quite as fast if you're trying to minimize fat. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you give yourself a chance to get some muscle before you worry about any cutting.

And when and if you do cut, keep lifting heavy. That's what will allow you to keep the most muscle.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
I'm generally not a fan of teens cutting, but you know what you want and you've accepted that you may not be able to add muscle quite as fast if you're trying to minimize fat.
Thats another thing I don't understand. It said the body can only produce 2 pounds of muscle a month maximum, and thats in the first year.
So why would going over that number in the body weight you gain a month? Surely if you go over that to say going 3 pounds a month, you'll just have an extra pound of fat every month.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you give yourself a chance to get some muscle before you worry about any cutting.

And when and if you do cut, keep lifting heavy. That's what will allow you to keep the most muscle.
Yeah as I said it'll be probably around 4 months in.

I'm still very unsure about all of this though. My mind and thoughts are going to hold me back I know it.

I'm trying my absolute hardest to put this fear at the back of my mind but its so difficult.

I just can' envisage everything going right.

With this cutting thing, what about people who do sports?

They eat enough food, but burn fat by doing exercise...I don't see how that could be detrimental to their growth.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Yeah I guess. Although with my tendencies I don't think I'll be able to stand more than 5 pounds of fat! haha

Quote:
I'm generally not a fan of teens cutting, but you know what you want and you've accepted that you may not be able to add muscle quite as fast if you're trying to minimize fat.
Thats another thing I don't understand. It said the body can only produce 2 pounds of muscle a month maximum, and thats in the first year.
So why would going over that number in the body weight you gain a month? Surely if you go over that to say going 3 pounds a month, you'll just have an extra pound of fat every month.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you give yourself a chance to get some muscle before you worry about any cutting.

Yeah as I said it'll be probably around 4 months in. If I do them.

I'm still very unsure about all of this though. My mind and thoughts are going to hold me back I know it.

I'm trying my absolute hardest to put this fear at the back of my mind but its so difficult.

They eat enough food and maintain their weight, but burn fat by doing exercise...I don't see how that could be detrimental to their growth.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-08-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post

It's not as cut and dry as that. There's much more to it when it comes to building muscle.

Yeah as I said it'll be probably around 4 months in.

Try to avoid putting a time line on things. Just keep working. You'll notice if there are changes you don't like, and can react accordingly.

They eat enough food and maintain their weight, but burn fat by doing exercise...I don't see how that could be detrimental to their growth.

Most of the time when teens go on a cut they go about it all wrong. They cut the calories to almost nothing. THIS is where big problems arise. If, on the other hand, you keep training hard and decide to cut a little fat by running a small deficit while continuing to train hard, you'll find you can basically take your body wherever you want it to go. But first. . .MUSCLES.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #16
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

So with that said, If I focus now on building muscle, do a mini cut from time to time achieving a small deficit by dropping to maintenance and doing some cardio.

I'll achieve the body I want, without stunting my growth or getting fat.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #17
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

I woner how taylor Lautner did it. Ultimatily hes the person I want to look like.

He did have a history of fitness before though. He was a martial arts expert, very ripped, so is likely after his bulk the fat he gained didn't really notice.

I wish I was skinny with a low body fat percentage. I have the worst body possible apart from critically obese.
A pretty high body fat percentage for my age, AND really skinny at the same time.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Cardio can actually be beneficial to lifting. For example, being cardiovasculary fit will increase blood oxygenation, which is good as what's in the blood is important. You are much better off creating a calorie deficit via cardio than cutting food intake. Moderation is key

Yeah. It does seem moderations where it's at.

If I bare that in mind I'll hopefully be able to achieve what I want