Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #31
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
How so? We're not telling you to get fat and sloppy. I think you'll be surprised at how you'll look. If you gain both muscle and fat, you'll still look great, and you'll feel great too. And anyways, you shouldn't have to be someone you're not for a girl. When you meet a good woman she won't care if you gain a few lb, and you'll blow her away once you put some muscle on.

I wish I could go back to my youth and not worry so much about the ladies. They aren't going anywhere, and you're only going to look better with each passing day.

Great comment man.
Thats what I mean, she wont care, I just want to look my best ya know.
If she didn't like me anymore because I gained a couple pounds, then I wouldn't give her the time of day.

If I'll look good, I guess I don't have much to worry about.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-17-2013 at 05:26 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #32
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

So allot of conflicting info here.
I'm still no closer :L

I don't know weather to go for 1 or 2 pounds of weight gain a month.
And I can't decide, weather to bulk for maybe 2 or 3 months, and then do a cut so I look good for Spain, or to go all out and bulk for the full 4 months.
Some of you ay, I'll look good after the full bulk, but others say it would be better to slowly approach this. Some say eat to satiety, some say the opposite.
In the end, I just want to look good for her!
This is more important at the moment than launching myself into a bulk I feel.
One of the main reasons I want to do weightlifting is to look good, and this would be the prime occasion where I'd like that.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-17-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
Boom
Brawn
Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Boom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributor

Seriously dude, you need to take a step back from this and get your mind off of it for a bit. You've been given a ton of advice in a number of topics. Just start eating and lifting.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #34
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
So allot of conflicting info here.
I'm still no closer :L

I don't know weather to go for 1 or 2 pounds of weight gain a month.
And I can't decide, weather to bulk for maybe 2 or 3 months, and then do a cut so I look good for Spain, or to go all out and bulk for the full 4 months.
Some of you ay, I'll look good after the full bulk, but others say it would be better to slowly approach this. Some say eat to satiety, some say the opposite.
In the end, I just want to look good for her!
This is more important at the moment than launching myself into a bulk I feel.
One of the main reasons I want to do weightlifting is to look good, and this would be the prime occasion where I'd like that.
Have you ever considered that looks are not the definign factor in a female's choice of partner? Being female, I know that they're not. Character, charisma, and many other factors play a part in it; she may also be happy with you as you are or however you choose to be, if it's going to bug you, you need to be able to talk to her about this as well.

Besides that, if you're doing lifting as you say to look good, then a quick bulk is not necessarily the way to go, for you, at least, just do it slow and steady, as long as you make progress and don't fret the 1-2 lbs or any other amount that you think you should or should not be able to achieve.

From what you've said though, I'd recommend if you're going to start any bulk and feel the way you do, at present, that you wait until after your vacation with her and then get to it but in the meantime concentrate on lifting, getting generally fit, and eating sensibly to at least maintain your current bodyweight. Then chat with her, reassure yourself of your goals (for you, not based on her) and take it from there.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #35
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Taken all your comments into consideration.
I realize I cant know anything for sure unless I try it, so I'm going to go on bulk for a couple months, and then cut for 2 more months.
Not only will I look reasonable for when I go to spain, I'll know how my body reacts to both bulking and cutting for the future.
I can hopefully learn allot in these upcoming 4 months, and when there over, I should have a good understanding of everything.
I've started today on a bulk. 2400-2500 Calories a day, with a full body 3 x a week, 5x5 program.
I'll set up a log to track my progress, and just see how it goes II guess.
I'll use these 4 months to get to know my body properly, so that when I come to bulk or cut properly, I have a better Idea about what I'm doing.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-18-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #36
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Taken all your comments into consideration.
I realize I cant know anything for sure unless I try it, so I'm going to go on bulk for a couple months, and then cut for 2 more months.
Not only will I look reasonable for when I go to spain, I'll know how my body reacts to both bulking and cutting for the future.
I can hopefully learn allot in these upcoming 4 months, and when there over, I should have a good understanding of everything.
I've started today on a bulk. 2400-2500 Calories a day, with a full body 3 x a week, 5x5 program.
I'll set up a log to track my progress, and just see how it goes II guess.
I'll use these 4 months to get to know my body properly, so that when I come to bulk or cut properly, I have a better Idea about what I'm doing.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it
NO NO, you dont bulk for 4 month then cut, if you go down that road you will gain nothing. Just eat to maximaise muscle growth lift and add weight to the bar weekly to build your strength do this for at least 4 years then look in the mirror to see what a beast you have become, I am sorry but i think your OCD ways are going to ruin anything you do, 5KG hit the nail on the head with her advice.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #37
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
NO NO, you dont bulk for 4 month then cut, if you go down that road you will gain nothing. Just eat to maximaise muscle growth lift and add weight to the bar weekly to build your strength do this for at least 4 years then look in the mirror to see what a beast you have become, I am sorry but i think your OCD ways are going to ruin anything you do, 5KG hit the nail on the head with her advice.

But that is what she said isn't it. That a bulk can be as long or short as you want it to be. She said I could do 2 weeks bulk, 2 cut if I wanted.
Maybe your right though.
I'll just see how I get on, I'm on my first day now.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #38
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
But that is what she said isn't it. That a bulk can be as long or short as you want it to be. She said I could do 2 weeks bulk, 2 cut if I wanted.
Maybe your right though.
I'll just see how I get on, I'm on my first day now.
ok how much muscle are you going to build in 2 weeks or even 4 months ? if u want 25-30lb of solid muscle you will need to slow bulk for at least 3-4 years, you seem a good guy i am trying to help you out like everyone else is on here, but you seem to have this OCD thing going on and you are getting more and more confused, have you taking note of what BTB has said to you.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #39
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
ok how much muscle are you going to build in 2 weeks or even 4 months ? if u want 25-30lb of solid muscle you will need to slow bulk for at least 3-4 years, you seem a good guy i am trying to help you out like everyone else is on here, but you seem to have this OCD thing going on and you are getting more and more confused, have you taking note of what BTB has said to you.

Yeah your right man. Thinking about it, it would seem pretty pointless
I do suffer from OCD, Iv'e even been diagnosed :P
I'll just stick with 2500 calories a day then and see where I get.
I have been taking note yeah, I've been listening to all of you, and I'm very grateful for all your help. It really is just OCD kicking in.
I'll ignore it now though, I'll just do what you told me, and evaluate where I'm at in a couple of months.
I'm setting up a log with some pictures tonight too.