Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #21
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

i use a belt for my top lifts also, to me it feels like i have a little more support, plus i have two bda disks and i dont like to take too much chances...

i use an Inzer economy power belt... 10mm thick 4 inches wide and the same size all the way around.... if you use a cheap nylon one, try out a good thick leather belt, you will never go back to the other belts, i promise you...

Old 05-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #22
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
i use an Inzer economy power belt... 10mm thick 4 inches wide and the same size all the way around....
Same here. Never did have much trouble with double-prongs, and it was a lot cheaper than the lever belts.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
i use a belt for my top lifts also, to me it feels like i have a little more support, plus i have two bda disks and i dont like to take too much chances...

i use an Inzer economy power belt... 10mm thick 4 inches wide and the same size all the way around.... if you use a cheap nylon one, try out a good thick leather belt, you will never go back to the other belts, i promise you...

Gonna have to get me one of them.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #25
Ramrod
Max Brawn
Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

I wrote this review not to long ago...

Anderson Powerlifting Official Online Store | Powerlifting Gear | Authorized Titan Support Dealer

Anderson Powerlifting's Lever Powerlifting Belt 10mm
4 inch Width
Leather
Suede Inside and Outside
Heavy Duty

60 Day NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Size's
Measurement to Center----- Hole Minimum Hole---- Size Maximum Hole Size
Small 30 in / 76 cm----- 25 in / 63 cm------ 35 in / 89 cm
Medium 34 in / 86 cm----- 29 in / 73 cm----- 39 in / 99 cm
Large 38 in / 96 cm---- 33 in / 83 cm ----43 in / 109 cm
XL 42 in / 106 cm -----37 in / 93 cm----- 47 in / 119 cm
2XL 46 in / 116 cm---- 41 in / 103 cm----- 51 in / 129cm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Anderson Powerlifting Belt is a great Belt for the Money. I spent weeks looking for a decent 4in, 10mm Lever Belt. I was afraid of getting a cheaper belt, but I just didn't have the cash for a $100+ belt right now. I searched every site I could find who had a belt like this. Even overseas. It seems many Companies sell the same Belt with only some minor differences and Branding. I don't know this for a Fact, but I saw many belts online. That I couldn't tell the defference from one to the other. So I looked around and found a Site that had good pictures of the product, Good Feedback and priced better then most.
Anderson Powerlifting is who I went with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has you can see the Belt is made very nice. From it's heavy duty Chrome Lever to the soft Suede outer cover. What I liked about the belt. No Logo's on the outside. Just a nice Black suede. Most others. MF, Toro and others all had some sort of branding. Which wasn't a deal breaker. Just nice IMO.

Now for support. The belt worked like it should. No complaints here. It was easy to set up. Just takes a minute to adjust the lever with a flat head screw driver. You remove to screws to adjust it. Once it's adjusted. Getting the belt off and on is a breeze. I have had this belt for over a month now and it still looks new and I see no reason way I'll need another belt for years to come. I was also afraid of having a painful break in period. NOPE.. not at all. The first time wasn't uncomfortable at all. No Digging in, No Piniching etc....This Belt seemed broke in already. I've been using a old belt that was at least 1/2 the thickness. Which was at least 7-8yrs old and worn by many guys at the gym. It's a 4in double-prong belt and I know it's broke in well. It's uncomfortable compaired to the new Anderson belt.

Now my Rating... I hate to give a perfect 10, but I'm going to have to. I can't find one single issue with the belt yet. If anyting changes I will update this review and adjust the rating if need be.

10 out of 10

Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #26
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I haven't used a belt since high school, which was a looong time ago. I may get one as my weights continue to climb, but at this point I'm squatting 345 and dealifting 400+ without any need for one, and have no intention of getting one at this point.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
DevoD
New Brawn
Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: Roughly three-four years.
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift and Seated Row
DevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good posts

Having had three hernias (all inguinal) from sport related injuries, not in the weight room, I find using a belt gives me some security. I know the importance of training your core through the compounds with no belt; so I just use it to make sure I feel my abs flexing against it. Good reminder to keep tight. I lift with a double prong leather one slightly thicker in the back almost everyday. I have read a lot of research on the subject, but again, so many competing opinions I use my my personal preference.
DevoD is offline   Reply With Quote