Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member
Default Need advice

Feel free anyone to chime in here it is much appreciated!

Here's the deal I just got back from orthopedic doctor he did xrays I am being sent for an mri tomorrow a.m. Long story short in 2008 I fell off crutches, crutch went up rotator and it never healed properly! Apparently I have blood calicification and partial v.s. complete rotator cuff tear and a possible slap lession! double

I have been laying off upper body because i could just tell something was wrong. I am gonna continue to hit my legs hard. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! What I am wondering is your thoughts on training per say my left side of the body. Like hitting my left side (single bench, shoulder press) ?? Just to get my left side stronger? I am right handed and left side has been a little weaker. I don't want to create an imbalance by any means but thought this is something I could concentrate on as not to rock the boat with my right shoulder.

I WILL know more after Tuesday, but in the meantime I have been laying off for so long and I want to continue to kick booty, because I may be looking at another 6-8 week recovery!

Your Suggestions PLEASE!!!

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
What I am wondering is your thoughts on training per say my left side of the body. Like hitting my left side (single bench, shoulder press) ?? Just to get my left side stronger?
Hmm, interesting question. I'm not certain if a left/right strength imbalance would cause any unusual issues. I'm guessing not, other than size differences.

Are there any rowing or pressing movements, machine or barbell, you can do without issue?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bump

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Frank222
Banned
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Frank222 is off to a bad start

In general routine I have noticed that many people have a strong right side as compared to left side, and its considered normal. I also have little bit more muscular chest on right side than left side. And for targeting only left side you can consider to do the things with your left hand and shoulder to make them strong..
Frank222 is offline   Reply With Quote