Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Diet Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Diet Logs Keep your diet/eating plan logs here.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #41
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I'm not Daniel obviously but here's my take on this. The plan is flexible. If you don't like cream, have coconut oil or even another fat source. I had olive oil in whey for the first 6months or so.

You could go for bananas instead of dextrose PWO. Probably only need 1 spotty, over ripe one.

The reason that SOME junk food works well is that it's high sugar. It spikes the insulin high but more importantly it clears the system quicker. As you sleep you produce growth hormone. Insulin inhibits this so you want all of the food, ie: carbs clear of your system. You can do it with lower GI carbs that are "healthier" just be aware of the timings and don't eat straight before bed.

Have a look through Vinnie Dizenzo's log and Q&A on EliteFTS. He runs backloading but does it mostly without junk food. He has some solid recommendations. I will try to find some links for you later. Any more questions, let me know. Overall you can definitely make it work for you. There are very few rules, mostly just guidelines.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #42
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

From what I have read so far, Ltl is spot on. Keizer does not recommend fruit beyond some citrus and ripe bananas. He also does not seem to be a fan of pasta and brown rice as fast carbs. I am going to make use of bananas and sweet potato. Sweet potato, some vanilla protein, cinnamon (a fat burner), some nutmeg and you have a great sweet potato pie shake.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #43
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Al! Very helpful. I'll find that log on Elite and check it out. Edit: Found the Q&A if anyone else wants to check it out, http://asp.elitefts.net/qa/default.asp?a=search&tid= His log is right there too.

I also got Kiefer's e-book and I'm plowing through it, so I'll get ideas right from the source itself. We'll see how that goes. Man, that dude goes into detail with the explanations! I'm fairly smart, but I can feel my eyes glaze when he goes on about Tglut transporters and the like.

Thanks Bama! Good idea on that shake.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 11-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote