Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
oli
Brawn
Points: 1,538, Level: 22 Points: 1,538, Level: 22 Points: 1,538, Level: 22
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 16+
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift and front squats
Fav Supp: chicken breasts
oli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributoroli is a dedicated contributor

i sit back just a little..not like how the 'WestSide' guys do it though - they sit "..back, back , back, back.." whereas i break at the knees & sit back jus a lil
oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #22
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

I sit back a little, but I think I'm a high bar squatter. I don't really know and don't care too much as long as I'm consistent and getting stronger.

I don't have a lot I believe is right for me to disagree with. I haven't tried some of the methods, like what BtB put up, and I am also a weak squatter. I have yet to even squat 400 lbs. However, I can agree very strongly with not keeping your head and traps back into the bar as a huge mistake. This is often a make or break for me in light or heavy weights. Light weights if I want to work on explosiveness, or heavy if I want to get back to the top. I have made that mistake several times and I know of friends who do.

The next one I completely agree with is thinking the squat isn't technical or that you know all there is to know. For me, when I get to that stage is whenever I stall out because I begin to squat worse because I thought I "knew it all".
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote