Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Supplement Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Supplement Logs Roll your supplement logs here.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
stlcrete
New Brawn
Points: 864, Level: 15 Points: 864, Level: 15 Points: 864, Level: 15
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 14
Fav Exercise: rack pull
stlcrete is off to a bad start
Default Stlcrete's Volatile by Fahrenheit Nutrition LOG

I'm getting ready to start testing out Fahrenheit Nutritions Volatile pre workout supplement.

Let me give you a little background about myself.

I'm almost 29yrs old, 6'2, 207lbs and right at 9% bf on the calipers (6 spots).

I've been training since I was 15, but just got serious about my nutrition within the last 2yrs.

I am training for my first natural show which is looking to be a Midwest show in March of 2013.

Anyway, I have used just about every legal preworkout under the sun, so this should be interesting.

Right now my supps are:
Caffeine 200mg before workout
Prework (going to be Volatile)
Post Shake Dymatize Nutrition ISO.100
Fish Oil
Ground Flax
Multi Vit
Dymatize Elite XT later in the day

My splits are as follows:

Sunday - Delts, Traps
Mon - Legs
Tues - Chest/Bi's
Wed - OFF
Thrs - Back/Tri's
Fri - OFF
Sat - OFF

I was doing a deadlift routine with some hand clengs on Fri, but due to back issues I have laid off lately.

To give you an idea of my macros
roughly
300g protein
225g carbs
75g fat

I usually don't calculate out my macros, I have a diet coach who watches my diet and takes my measurements about once every 4 weeks.
stlcrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
stlcrete
New Brawn

Took Volatile today before I hammered Chest and Bi's.

2 Scoops about 20mins before the workout.

Taste = 8/10 The stuff tastes pretty good.

Mixability = 10/10 It mixed right up with no clumps or grit.

How Volatile performs

Focus = 9.5/10

As far as the workout goes, I feel like it gave me some real help in the "focus" department. I usually train in the morning, but today I worked outside for 8hrs, went to a meeting and didn't hit the gym till 9pm. All of that being said I pounded out a really good workout and was lazer focused.

Pump = 9/10

I had a really great pump going all workout long. I'm writing this log about 1hr after my workout and I am still really pumped. I haven't had a preworkout supplement in a long time that actually helped hold my pump post workout. We will have to see if that continues or fades.

Energy ??????

I can't really speak on the energy part. I am the type of person who really needs a kick to get going and have always used a lot of stimulants (all legal) in the gym. I recently kicked the Geranium and have just been popping 200mg of caffeine. I did this with the 2 scoops of Volatile and had a crazy amount of energy throughout my entire workout (which was @ 9pm after being up since 6:30 a.m. )

So overall, my first impressions are that it really gets the blood flowing to the muscles and the focus is tremendous.

Thanks to Fahrenheit Nutrition for letting me log the Volatile. I'm "off" in the gym tomorrow, but will let you know how back/tri go on Thrs.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Sounds good. Hope this stuff continues to work for you.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
stlcrete
New Brawn

2nd workout today while I'm logging Volatile.

I had a long day. Worked all day in the sun doing manual labor on about 6hrs of sleep. The day before I worked around 14hrs. I took 2 scoops of Volatile and 200mg of caffeine and started my workout at 9pm.

I was exhausted, but felt determined to make the best out of my workout. To my suprise, the workout was pretty good. I was focused and hit it hard. I'm convinced that Volatile def helps out tremendously with focus.

Usually, if I am exhausted during a workout, it will take all I have to not head for the door and leave. With the Volatile tonight, I never once thought about cutting the workout short.

As far as the pump, it was pretty good tonight. I trained back/tri's and I def had a huge pump in my back going.

So far, so good with the Volatile. I would def keep this stuff in my rotation of pre-workout supplements.

I'm supposed to train shoulders on Sunday, but may train them Sat instead. I'm doing a lot of volume for shoulders so I will def report back on things after that workout.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Sounds good. Great news.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
stlcrete
New Brawn

Ok, so Saturday I did shoulders and Monday Legs. I was wiped out going into both workouts. I have a lot of stress in my life right now due to various reasons. In the past with stress my workouts tended to lean towards the crappy side.

So lets start with shoulders on Sat. I trained at 6pm after working 6hrs doing a bunch of physical work. I took 2 scoops of Volatile and 200mg of caffeine and plowed through the workout. It was awesome to say the least.

What I am starting to notice is that I have to stop myself during a workout when on the Volatile. The FOCUS 2 scoops of Volatile provides is unreal. I find myself wanting to do more sets then I'm supposed to be doing. I just keep going and going and going. The mental focus alone is worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

Another thing I've noticed is that the pump from Volatile lasts for 4-5 hrs after the workout is over.

Leg day was on Monday. I have to say, this was one of the best leg workouts I've had in a while.

16 total work sets for legs. 8 of them were heavy squats and leg press. Again, I don't know how many times I can say it, but the focus Volatile provides is great.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
Randoja