Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalldon View Post
I am just starting to work out. I am very small, you could call me a runt. I want to get some bulk to me. What one piece of advice can you give me to help me achieve this?
The first, piece of of advice, is to provide more personal information in order to provide more accurate information.

1. Personal Stats: Age, Present Weight, Height, and Sex.

2. How many weeks, months, years of training experience.

3. What do you have available at home to train with? Do you have weights or a personal gym? Do you have access to a area gym?

At least with me, I can not provide a more accurate...training program, unless I know what you have available to train with. Or...specific diet advice unless I have at least question number 1 answered.

People have all sorts of monetary dispositions. It is not safe to assume you can afford a home gym (or already have one) nor the money to shell out for a gym membership, or what sort of profession you have the may complicate some of these decisions.

The content of the advice, depends on your personal answers, and will settle on some basic fundamentals to get you started.

Answer the questions, and I will come back and provide my opinion.

Chillen

EDIT: Steve, we should make a sticky thread for new persons seeking advice, that lists the BASIC personal information needed in order for MaBers to provide sound and more personally tailored advice.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Pay attention to the members of this forum. This place is different then other forums you will visit. There is a reason for this, and I'll tell you why.

The members here are not interested in fads, or get rich quick schemes. The density of knowledge of the members is far deeper than most otehr forums, and I visit a lot of forums in my spare time to view whats being talked about.

MAB is different!

I do not say that as some stary eyed teenager. When I started lifting, Arnold was still competing. So, it's been a few years. MAB is the place I choose to call home, and that is because I like it here.

Disclaimer,

I'm far from the any of these things:

The biggest
The strongest
Most knowledgable

I do have an opinion that I've been known to share. As well as a few training ideas.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Advice...enjoy what you do, and do what you enjoy.

It will never become a habit if you hate it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Pay attention to the members of this forum. This place is different then other forums you will visit. There is a reason for this, and I'll tell you why.

The members here are not interested in fads, or get rich quick schemes. The density of knowledge of the members is far deeper than most otehr forums, and I visit a lot of forums in my spare time to view whats being talked about.

What GL said. I used to read exercise and fitness articles and I never made progress. I used to surf several lifting/training sites and the conflicting information just made me stall.

Then, one day I just decided to listen and look at what a few people who were making progress were doing. I stopped reading other things and followed the advice of people who were bigger and stronger than me. Now, I am one of the bigger people and the guys who called me crazy/silly for eating like a hog, are still small and not stronger.

The men and women here will not steer you wrong.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
PeterThompson
Banned
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

PeterThompson is off to a bad start

Every morning, it is my routine to look for my dumbbells and start my daily exercises. It's a great feeling to sweat all over before you begin the day. The adrenaline rush is there. BTW, this is great review site for dumbbells "________________"

Dumbbell Exercises

Biceps - curls
Triceps - extensions, kick backs
Shoulders - lateral and front raises
Forearms - wrist curls, reverse wrist curls
Pecs - dumbell press (incline, flat, decline), flyes
Abs - standing dumbell side bends, dumbell crunches
Back - reverse flyes
Hamstrings/Quadriceps - squats, lunges, dead lifts
Calves - calf raises

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-10-2012 at 07:45 AM.
PeterThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterThompson View Post
Every morning, it is my routine to look for my dumbbells and start my daily exercises. It's a great feeling to sweat all over before you begin the day. The adrenaline rush is there. BTW, this is great review site for dumbbells "______SPAM LINK REMOVED__________"

Dumbbell Exercises

Biceps - curls
Triceps - extensions, kick backs
Shoulders - lateral and front raises
Forearms - wrist curls, reverse wrist curls
Pecs - dumbell press (incline, flat, decline), flyes
Abs - standing dumbell side bends, dumbell crunches
Back - reverse flyes
Hamstrings/Quadriceps - squats, lunges, dead lifts
Calves - calf raises
Spammer, meet hammer:

Destroy That Which Destroys You