Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Articles
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Articles Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, Nutrition, Supplement Articles.

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default 77's Super Canadian Bodybuilding Article of Awesomeness
by SeventySeven 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM

I havent titled it yet trying to think of something witty!

There are few lessons I wished I learned right out the gate when I started training seriously. They say hard lessons create character, but I feel these ones are worth knowing off the hop as our goal is to gain as fast as possible. Nothing in the world of weightlifting and nutrition is black and white; there are many grey areas to explore and many self discoveries along the way. Keep patient, consistent and always evaluate.

You cannot be physically strong if you are not mentally strong. We all have a superpower in our minds to be able to push for what people deem “impossible”. Being mentally tough in the gym is what makes or breaks you. The pain is part of the game and you need to learn to embrace it. Dig into the depths of your very soul to push those few last reps. Having a trainer or training partner to yell at you like a drill sergeant is helpful, but I believe being self motivating in the gym will benefit you more in the long run. You never know when you’re training alone and every rep counts! I did not push myself hard enough when I first starting training. Now I’m usually lying on the locker room floor trying to recover. I vision the muscle growing as it starts to hurt, I picture myself moving the weight before I even set up. When my brain tells me to stop I keep going! Find methods to push your limits.Train your brain and you will find success.

It’s Friday night and its 9 PM. You’re eating a large portion of steak and yams with some broccoli, you’re phone rings and when you answer it’s your buddy and he is pumped for a night on the town full of booze and greasy food. Your legs are still in squatting hell and shaking from the gym session 2 hours prior. You say “sorry dude I have to rest up, I need to be in top shape for tomorrow” He is not impressed. “Man you come out like once a month don’t you think you’re taking this bodybuilding thing to far?” You’re probably thinking I don’t take this far enough I need to push harder. You might only spend 2 hours in the gym but you train for this sport 24 hours a day 7 days a week! You ask yourself why can’t my friends understand? The answer is simple, what you’re doing is not considered normal and the average person does not build their life around their sport.

Being a successful strength or physique athlete takes a lot of dedication and sacrifice. When you’re training to pull 600 off the floor or trying to obtain you’re best physique, you won’t be going out every Friday and Saturday night to paint the town red. Your friends might not understand it but in my opinion a true friend will support it either way. That Friday night that you’re staying in maybe that friend will come over instead and enjoy some Call of Duty. If he/she wants to hangout does it really matter what you’re doing? Of course you want to get out; life goes beyond your sport. Don’t be afraid to balance! Go to your favorite pizza joint and then hit the local pub for a few beers and a game once in awhile! You have been working hard you owe it to yourself and to your friends who support you! One thing I credit solely to bodybuilding was it weeded out the weak “friends” who were only interested in what I could do for them and offered little support. Always maintain your integrity and surround yourself with those who have it.

The one thing I cannot stress enough is that although support for peers , family and friends is great. YOU are your biggest motivator! YOU make the decisions! YOU are your own creator. Now kick the excuses and get to work.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Views 670 Comments 3
Sponsored Links
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Moved the the article section and added a title.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Epic title
SeventySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
You cannot be physically strong if you are not mentally strong.
Good words. Mental strength.

The mountain isn't going to climb itself. Most people want to sit on top on the mountain, they just don't want to climb it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote