Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Impressed that they have been carb conscious for that long.
My mother was diagnosed with diabetes back then, and her doctor at the time knew what he was doing and directed her to the low carb lifestyle. I'm grateful that he did, because she was able to help me 3 years ago when I needed to make the switch for the same reason. I'm very happy I made it when I did and that in my case it was caught very early. it makes me grumpy sometimes when I see overweight people who would rather take pills and insulin than change their eating habits, but thats their problem, not mine. I'll answer questions and try to help wherever I can, but the desire to change has to come from within.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
How are the taste of those sprouts? I am looking for a good and simple recipe, something the kids might actually try.
Taste was very mild. It might take a little trial and error, but if done just right, its reminiscent of garlic bread as the outside gets just a bit crunchy and the inside is soft.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
it makes me grumpy sometimes when I see overweight people who would rather take pills and insulin than change their eating habits, but thats their problem, not mine.
I have a family history if diabetes. More than a couple have been confused by my dietary recommends so I tend to keep my mouth shut.

My mom eats "low fat" everything thinking this will help her diabetes.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #24
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Nothing special today, just a nice easy day after the Christmas gorging.

Coffee w/ 2 scoops of whey - this is spread over a few mugs by the way
4 eggs, 3 strips of bacon
Finished up the leftover lasagna
Dinner : Taco Salad Here's the link to the recipe earlier in this thread if you missed it. I'll be doing this for common meals. I have taco salad pretty much every monday night, and this is cleaner than posting the recipe every time.

Edit: I will add that I was pretty much OUT of food today until I finally got to the store this afternoon. 6 dozen eggs, 75# of ground beef, a case of chickens, and 5# of bratwurst later, I should be set for the month.

Last edited by bruteforce; 12-26-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Edit: I will add that I was pretty much OUT of food today until I finally got to the store this afternoon. 6 dozen eggs, 75# of ground beef, a case of chickens, and 5# of bratwurst later, I should be set for the month.
You had me at bratwurst.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #26
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

the manliest grocery list ever

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #27
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Much to my dismay, my list included no bacon, so I ate my last strip today and will have to venture back into town for some tomorrow.

Standard day today. Feeling a little like I'm getting a cold, we'll see how I hold up. Spicy food helps.

Coffee w/ 2 scoops whey
6 eggs, 1 strip of bacon
7 eggs, 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup diced jalepenos, hot salsa
Decaf and 1 scoop whey

Dinner: Chicken Caesar Salad

Went a little overboard on the anchovies tonight. Not bad, but a bit too strong. 4 anchovies is plenty, 6 is too much.

The week is about to liven up. There is a bratwurst stew and some oven baked parmesan chicken in a few days, so fear not, new recipes will be arriving soon.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Went a little overboard on the anchovies tonight. Not bad, but a bit too strong. 4 anchovies is plenty, 6 is too much.
Hope you don't mind me peppering you with questions. Have never tried anchovies. Are these fresh or from a tin?

Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #29
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Quote:
Hope you don't mind me peppering you with questions. Have never tried anchovies. Are these fresh or from a tin?
An apt metaphor. And please, fire away, thats what this is for! Cooking is my first passion since turning away from the lifestyle the lead to diabetes, and still hangs close in their with heavy deadlifts.

As to anchovies, these are canned, in olive oil. I did the extra since there were only a few left in the tin and I didn't want to leave it in the refrigerator for another week, having opened it last week for the dressing. Better to try to find something else to do with the rest of the can than add too many to the dressing.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #30
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

i'm a fan of 'chovies on a pizza! cowabunga dude.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote