Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #31
Traphouse86
Max Brawn
Points: 6,569, Level: 53 Points: 6,569, Level: 53 Points: 6,569, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 6 Years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Muscle Milk & Xtend
Traphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributorTraphouse86 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
I decided to take the plunge several months ago... bought a inzer t-rex (double ply), power pant briefs, single ply rage x, and iron z wrist and knee wraps...

I thought it was a lost cause with all of it, as i couldnt get anything to work, but i'm making good progress with the t-rex on squats finally... i've figures out how to use the power pants for deads, but theres just not a lot to powerpants. Lol.
I've only tried pulling in the t-rex once and it felt horrible... need more practice there i guess...

The rage x is a nightmare for me... i havent even put it back on in the past month or so. I think its just too dang small. Best i was able to do with it was 405x2 off a 2 board with it feeling like it was literally about to dislocate my shoulders.... not in a supportive kind of way, but as in something is not right here kind of way. I cant arch, cant draw my shoukder blades together, cant get my hands far enough apart... its a size 46. I'm 5'9" 190 lb if that helps...

Any thoughts?
I know the problem with the rage X. I figured it out about three weeks ago remember , Swim really hard !!!!!!! And then I touched 355 to the chest. Problem solved.

"I donít believe that anyone knows what his or her full potential is, I donít believe in genetics as a ceiling for performance, and I donít believe in plateaus." JMB

Proudly Sponsored by http://muscleandbrawn.com/
Traphouse86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #32
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I dont know a ton about the TRex, but I think it is made to be used with a wide stance, and to pull with in sumo. The powerpants are about worthless, I think you would be better off with a cheap zsuit and cutting the straps off of it. I have done that in the past, it makes for a good set of light briefs. Plus they are only like $35. The thing about pulling in a tight suit is that you have to pull yourself down into the bar. You will see some people bend straight over and put their hands on bar, and pull themselves down.

As far as the shirt, what is your chest measurement. You should take it, add 2 inches and thats what shirt you should be in. To me it just sounds like a tight shirt. If that is the case, wet the seams, work higher boards, and it will break it. It will take several workouts before the shirt is broke in.
yeah man, the t-rex is wide stance and sumo... to be honest, i love the powerpants. I use them a lot for my "almost raw" work. lol. they give me just enough support in the hips to let me hammer down with no groin pain... as far as getting a lot of poundage, yeah i could get a ton more out of something else.

I'll work on pulling in the suit... guess it'll just take time.

I took my own chest measurement before I ordered the shirt and thought it was 44" ... I just had someone else take it for me and I'm measuring in at around 45.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traphouse86 View Post
I know the problem with the rage X. I figured it out about three weeks ago remember , Swim really hard !!!!!!! And then I touched 355 to the chest. Problem solved.
I'll give it another try in a couple weeks. Might need to try yours...
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #33
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

This is not how I put my shirt on exactly, but its close. Notice when he gets it on he rackets his arms to make it slide up. You may not be having the shirt up all the way in the pits.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #34
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
How to put on a bench Shirt - YouTube

This is not how I put my shirt on exactly, but its close. Notice when he gets it on he rackets his arms to make it slide up. You may not be having the shirt up all the way in the pits.
Great vid'.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #35
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

The only thing that I do different is that I put mine on with my palms up, and let them slide it on that way. I'm to fat to have my arms over my head lol. I may be wrong but Ryano puts his on inside out. I have tried that after he suggest it, and it works really well also. Next time he is in I am sure he could explain.

Proudly sponsored by

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
Old 09-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #36
Disciple X
Max Brawn

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Awesome vid. We've been using the inside out method, but we've never really pulled on the back/ armpit area- only swimming into it by pulling on the collar. Might be the prob. We'll give it a try. Thanks bud.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #37
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

If a shirt is comfortable, it's not right. It HAS to be tight to work. If you don't know the shirted "groove" you need to get someone to show you. It's not the same as a raw lift.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #38
Disciple X
Max Brawn

I think its more along the lines of not fitting right or me not being fully seated in it. I tried so long several sessions that my arms were almost bleeding... that didnt bother me... i still have scars from those sessions and that was months ago...what bothered me was the way it torked my shoulders like my rotator cuffs were about to tear... my shoulders hurt for two weeks...

I'll try to REALLY swim into it and get it seated right and report back...

I appreciate all the input guys... i'd love to get it straightened out and smash some weight...
Old 09-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #39
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
It is also a good suit, in my opinion Titan doesn't make a bad piece of gear.
They still hadn't delivered and when I phoned they said they were waiting for a shipment from the states so I went ahead and upgraded to: Titan - Centurion Squat Suit NXG Super Plus - Wide Stance - Squat - Powerlifting - Clothing and Shoes

Should be through with me tomorrow.

The bench shirt I tried yesterday with a board about 3-4 inches thick. It was alright, I managed 170kg with a push off from my partner and a clean 160kg. The shirt really doesn't add much and it's quite loose, I can pretty much just slip it on. Which I suppose I'm not too concerned about just yet. I may invest in a tighter Metal one later on.

I let the shirt ride high towards my face and apart from some uncomfortable push against my neck that was fine.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #40
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
They still hadn't delivered and when I phoned they said they were waiting for a shipment from the states so I went ahead and upgraded to: Titan - Centurion Squat Suit NXG Super Plus - Wide Stance - Squat - Powerlifting - Clothing and Shoes

Should be through with me tomorrow.

The bench shirt I tried yesterday with a board about 3-4 inches thick. It was alright, I managed 170kg with a push off from my partner and a clean 160kg. The shirt really doesn't add much and it's quite loose, I can pretty much just slip it on. Which I suppose I'm not too concerned about just yet. I may invest in a tighter Metal one later on.

I let the shirt ride high towards my face and apart from some uncomfortable push against my neck that was fine.

Good deal, now you can work on the placement of the neck to find what works best for you. You will enjoy the centurion, its a monster with the straps up. It provides great stop and pop to me. Best of both worlds.

Proudly sponsored by