Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:33 AM   #1
titanxvx
New Brawn

titanxvx is off to a bad start
Question What do you consider required?

I'll have to admit I've turned into a bit of a pessimist when it comes to supps.
All the bs hype and some education in marketing psychology and nutrition has left me in a conundrum . That said, my question to everyone is if you where to recommend one tried and true quality supplement besides protein or creatine what would it be?
titanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That's a tough one. At my age, 42, it would be a test booster. I've used several test boosters and can notice the difference in certain areas of my life for about 2 weeks at a time.

Keep in mind, a test booster wouldn't be used for muscle growth. More for just bringing more normalcy back to life and giving every edge I can to my training.

Protein, creatine, multivitamin, and test booster.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

that's tough one for me too. Ph's are out and you really cannot take them as a standalone anyway. If you can find it youmay want to try Jungle Warfare from ALR. I used it and it was great for lean mass and strength gains. Nothing like a ph, but along the same lines and it can be used all by itself. They just discontinued it and I myself am looking for some.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
titanxvx
New Brawn

Default brand recommendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
That's a tough one. At my age, 42, it would be a test booster. I've used several test boosters and can notice the difference in certain areas of my life for about 2 weeks at a time.

Keep in mind, a test booster wouldn't be used for muscle growth. More for just bringing more normalcy back to life and giving every edge I can to my training.

Protein, creatine, multivitamin, and test booster.
You have a few years on me but not many. I'm 38. I tried a few different brands of test boosters about 5-6 years ago but cannot even recall the brands. I was throwing so much stuff (all legal) in my system at the time I didn't know what was or wasn't working on an individual basis. Can you recommend anything specific? Can you also go into detail on "2 weeks at a time". Are they short cycles?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanxvx View Post
You have a few years on me but not many. I'm 38. I tried a few different brands of test boosters about 5-6 years ago but cannot even recall the brands. I was throwing so much stuff (all legal) in my system at the time I didn't know what was or wasn't working on an individual basis. Can you recommend anything specific? Can you also go into detail on "2 weeks at a time". Are they short cycles?
Last year I tried Prolab's Horny Goat Weed.

ProLab Horny Goat Weed - IllPumpYouUp.com

It's relatively inexpensive, and within several days I noticed some activity in "my boys." I also began to have morning wood, which is something that hadn't happened for many years. I was also more sexually interested.

This really surprised me because I was expecting no benefit whatsoever. And as us old guys know, sometimes time gets a hold of you and you forget what it was like to be young.

This might be TMI for the younger guys.

After about 2 weeks, the effects decreased.

I would also like to state that my normal test levels are very low. I;ve had then checked several times this year. Someone with more normal test levels might not feel any difference.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
titanxvx
New Brawn

Default discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_716 View Post
that's tough one for me too. Ph's are out and you really cannot take them as a standalone anyway. If you can find it youmay want to try Jungle Warfare from ALR. I used it and it was great for lean mass and strength gains. Nothing like a ph, but along the same lines and it can be used all by itself. They just discontinued it and I myself am looking for some.
I never got into ph's. Allot of support products involved. The FDA's put a foot on most if not all of them anyway. This last year saw some hardcore actions.
What happened to Jungle warfare? Was it banned or just discontinued. What was in it that made it a recommendation?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

If I had to choose something other than protein and creatine, I would choose the most highly underrated supplement in the industry:

High quality food!!

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
titanxvx
New Brawn

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
If I had to choose something other than protein and creatine, I would choose the most highly underrated supplement in the industry:

High quality food!!
I'm into that deep. Been studying nutrition for the past few years. I've cleaned up my diet something fierce. But I still love a good pizza now and then!