Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

thats the reason for the superfast kicks!
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
beam
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34 Points: 3,054, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

beam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributorbeam is a dedicated contributor

Dude was a drug addict.
beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam View Post
Dude was a drug addict.
If you slow down a Bruce Lee flick, you start to see bonus punches nto visable to the naked eye.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

the best place to find ephedra is behind the counter at drug stores. I take bronk aid. It's still way under dosed formw hat it used to be. I used to take 100 mg's a day. build up your tolerance slowly.
ral ephedra is hard to find. Extract is not the same thing either.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
titanxvx
New Brawn

titanxvx is off to a bad start
Default use to be good

Ephedrine products were very good back when the FDA's panties were "not" in a bunch over them. There was competition in the market so as a result was low priced good quality ingredient products. Today just overpriced and low quality ingredients. I'm speaking from experience. I used to even cap my own by aquiring the individual ingredients. But with all the bs with getting ephedrine and it's grossly overinflated price it's just not cost effective.
titanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
titanxvx
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam View Post
Dude was a drug addict.
You mean trying to enhance his physical performance and recovery through the use of supplemental compounds? Wouldn't that describe most of the people on this forum? Or are you saying he was an actual drug addict?
Old 11-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanxvx View Post
You mean trying to enhance his physical performance and recovery through the use of supplemental compounds? Wouldn't that describe most of the people on this forum? Or are you saying he was an actual drug addict?
Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanxvx View Post
You mean trying to enhance his physical performance and recovery through the use of supplemental compounds? Wouldn't that describe most of the people on this forum?
Some, not most.

One of the things I love about this place is the openess with which these subjects can be discussed. There is not an open range war attitude between those that heavily supplement, and those that don't.

I choose to not heavily supplement, but I'm still interested in others experience. I would especially be interested in following somebody who is at about my level, but choosing to get exotic in there supplements.

The purpose being to watch our progress in both a strength, and size format.
Not to mention how we use our programming to make the most of our choosen path.

For the record I use,

Body Fortress Protein powder
Multi vitimin
Fish oil caps
Dessicated Liver Tabs

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by glwanabe; 11-13-2009 at 06:39 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good post GL.

The only real thing forbidden on this forum is supplement hype...someone posting a product claiming it products 52 pounds of muscle gains in 27 days. Like Black China Labs BS, or Biotest, etc. I won't ban anyone for backing these products, but I won't let the hype go by without labeling it for what it is.

Personally, I don't care what supplements a person takes. We treat each other with respect here, and allow a man to be a man and make his own decisions. Most here rely on protein powders, creatines, NO products, test boosters, GH enhancers, vitamins, lipid supps, PCT supps, liver supps, etc.

You won't really see anyone on this forum taking some crazy-hype supplement with monster claims. If they do, I'll let them be. They will learn soon enough.

One thing I've learned..we all have gone through periods where we "want to believe" in the hype supplements. I just hope that each of us gets past that point before we spend $700 on an SDI_Labs cycle.

And, yes, I'm a drug addict I pop tons 'o pills each day. I won't deny that. Legal pills...

Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
titanxvx
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Some, not most.

One of the things I love about this place is the openess with which these subjects can be discussed. There is not an open range war attitude between those that heavily supplement, and those that don't.

I choose to not heavily supplement, but I'm still interested in others experience. I would especially be interested in following somebody who is at about my level, but choosing to get exotic in there supplements.

The purpose being to watch our progress in both a strength, and size format.
Not to mention how we use our programming to make the most of our choosen path.
For the record I use,

Body Fortress Protein powder
Multi vitimin
Fish oil caps
Dessicated Liver Tabs

Welcome to the forum.
Were not to far off on our supplementation. Right now and for the last few years I've kept it simple imo.
muscle milk protien 50-100 gm day depending on real protein intake.
Fish oil caps 1500 mg day
r-ala 100 mg day
quality multi-vit
vit D 1000 iu (i live in rain city usa)
Jack3D for pre-workout energy boost.
A very good diet.

I'm considering a beginners Ironman this spring. So I'm going to have to up my intensity and longevity on just about everything. I'm just not recovering like I used to though. Some of that is age (38) but I've always maintained my strength and endurance since I was a teenager. I'm going to have to add some product and have thrown a few inquisitions into a couple other threads.
Thanks for the welcome guy's.