Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Resources (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   The Round Table (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9031)

BendtheBar 02-18-2012 10:53 AM

The Round Table

I have created a new forum called "The Round Table". As a community we will use this forum only to post good discussion topic questions.

I want to encourage everyone to have their say.

If you have any questions you feel belong in this forum, post them in this thread.

Note: New threads are moderated in this forum. We will be restricting this forum so that it does not get clogged with off topic threads. Posts are NOT moderated. You can respond freely to any question.

Pull14 02-18-2012 12:17 PM

Sounds like a swell idea. Look forward to it...

bamazav 02-18-2012 01:39 PM

How about this question, one I have heard before.

I have no desire to be a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter, I just want to build the strongest best looking body I can. What are steps I should take toward body recomposition?

Maybe this can get the ball rolling.

BTW, can I go by a Knight type name? Sir Bama of the Beach

BendtheBar 02-18-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 217786)
How about this question, one I have heard before.

I have no desire to be a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter, I just want to build the strongest best looking body I can. What are steps I should take toward body recomposition?

Maybe this can get the ball rolling.

BTW, can I go by a Knight type name? Sir Bama of the Beach

Excellent question, and one that pertains to about 95% of people. I will add that to the round table, Sir Bama of the Beach.

bamazav 02-21-2012 08:09 AM

Steveroo, Another discussion thought or two.

"I am 5'x and about 75 lbs overweight. The doctor says I have to lose weight or start taking xyz medications. How can I lose weight and get stronger in the least amount of time?"

"I was in the gym doing squats and some guy said I was doing them all wrong. He said I was going too deep and bending my back. What can I do to develop proper squat form?"

BendtheBar 02-21-2012 08:26 AM

Thanks Bam, I will add these.

Great additions.

markievicz 02-21-2012 09:38 AM

possibly a thread on the addition of belts/bands/wraps etc

how to use them , when to use them , should you even use them!!

just a thought...

BendtheBar 02-21-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markievicz (Post 218519)
possibly a thread on the addition of belts/bands/wraps etc

how to use them , when to use them , should you even use them!!

just a thought...

Thanks. I will toss this up in a bit.

Everyone feel free to jump into any of these discussions.

Off Road 02-21-2012 10:22 AM

Question:
I already do barbell curls, hammer curls, consentration curls, cable curls, and 21s; Is there anything else I can do to help my puny biceps?

Off Road 02-21-2012 10:32 AM

A note about the Round Table:
These questions are BIG. They will take a lot to answer them fully, and the time involved is keeping me (and others I'm sure) from getting fully involved. Rather than spending 10-15 minutes on each one, which is a large task, I am going to add tid-bits to each. Maybe if we all add a little something, then we will come up with a complete answer.