Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Q&A
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Q&A Questions and answers with some of the top lifters on MAB.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j13027 View Post
what is a good rate to be progressing for the average person?
Hey J!

Progressing is what way? Size? Weight? Strength?

A good rate imo, for size is about 5-8lbs a year.

In weight, doesn't really matter more than how much you increase in muscle. Weight is very misleading.

Strength. I like to measure my strength once a month. Any increase in strength is great. Doesn't matter if it's only by 5lbs, because if you increase by 5lbs every month then by the end of the year you have added 60lbs to that particular lift

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #42
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn

emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkishrock View Post
What is the best way to loose stomach fat the fastest?
Hey Dunkisrock! Thanks for following me on IG also.

The best and most effective way to lose stomach fat is through diet and cardio. There's really no other way around it to my knowledge and I have tried'em all! lol

I had the ab belt that stimmed your abs while doing nothing
I trained abs 6 days a week
I used the waist trimmer
etc

But it wasn't until I got serious with my diet and started really getting my cardio in that I started shedding fat in my midsection and my abs begin to show.

One of the main reasons I got into bodybuilding was to get abs, lol!

www.EmekaOkammor.com

www.thesimplefitness.com
Old 05-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #43
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespin03 View Post
Hey MenAce, You honestly think if I win this Ab carver Pro with a clean diet and good exercise routine, it will help me get a pak like your's? By the way like always looking good in the pic. I hope one day I'll look that good. Then my wife of 31 years will stick around another 30 or more.lol. Keep up the good work, your Rican Bro
Jespin!!! wassup bro!

First off, congrats on 31 years of marriage. That's amazing. May God bless you guys with many many more.

Honestly Jespin, YES!! You know that I am a real stickler for diet and exercise. Diet and exercise + this ab carver pro are the key to reaching your goal physique.

You will probably get a pak better than mine because I don't have an ab craver pro! lol

Always nice to have you drop in Jespin

www.EmekaOkammor.com

www.thesimplefitness.com
Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #44
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hi Emeka...I had a question anyway...so here are two instead:

As a youngster did you ever consider that you may become a bodybuilder further down the line?

Do you have a particular muscle group that lags or takes a lot more work to develop? If so, which muscle group is it and how have you tackled the issue and with what sort of success?
Lol! Hey strong fingers!!

As a youngin I had absolutely no idea I would be into bbing. I was a sports fanatic like most kids and bbing had zero visibility where I grew up. My first sports love was basketball, I was good at football but not passionate about it, and I played all other sports (soccer, baseball, track & field).

I didn't realized that I wanted to body build until I graduated college and even still I didn't want to get up on nobody's stage, I just wanted to look good. People used to ask me and this was my response "I want to look good, not nasty" Now I am having to eat those words. lol

I kinda wish I would have had a clue that I would find myself on stage bbing and competing because I would have kept my body tattoo free! No a big deal tho, my tattoos, I have 2, are easily covered with tan on show day and do not take away from my physique, I think lol

Honestly, my body has developed pretty evenly throughout my competitive career. My critique at each show has been to get bigger, more mass, more thickness, etc. The thing that I do feel like may be lagging is my conditioning. Although its not a bodypart it is very essential to achieving that look of completeness.

I am currently working on that aspect of my physique now. My coach and I are happy with my off season improvements and would like to see my bodyfat dropping. So we are working on some techniques now so that we know how to approach my contest prep in August. Some thing we have tried are changing foods, adding cardio, lessening food, changing training, etc. Trying a lot to see what works and what doesn't so that we don't waste precious prep time trying to figure it out.

www.EmekaOkammor.com

www.thesimplefitness.com
Old 06-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #45
TobesLCFC
Max Brawn
Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Greek Yoghurt with honey
TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Hello, Emeka. What training routines have you had the most success with? Does your training differ during contest time?
TobesLCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #46
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobesLCFC View Post
Hello, Emeka. What training routines have you had the most success with? Does your training differ during contest time?
Hey Tobes!

The best routines I have used were in the off season and it was using supersets of antagonist muscles.

I would superset Chest and Back, which I feel helped add to my thickness
Quads and Hams
Bi and Tri
Back and Shoulders

Yielded some amazing off season gains that translated over to the stage that year.

The only thing that differs for me in a prep when it comes to training is I don't do antagonist supersets. That's because I want to dedicate more time and attention to each muscle. So each muscle gets its own day or session.

www.EmekaOkammor.com

www.thesimplefitness.com
Old 07-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #47
TobesLCFC
Max Brawn
Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Greek Yoghurt with honey
TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Have you ever "fulked" during the offseason? (Put on a ton of fat instead of a ton of lean mass) How big do you tend to get above stage weight?
TobesLCFC is offline   Reply With Quote