Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Q&A
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Q&A Questions and answers with some of the top lifters on MAB.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #441
Teufelhund_OR
New Brawn
Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Teufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hi Teufehund,

Do deadlifts seem to trigger your lower back issues, or is it more random just due to your history?
No I feel pretty good deadlifting, it is seemingly just random...

I was putting together a BBQ one day, was on my knees on a hard floor stooping etc and the next day was just crippled... it is so random I have no idea anymore...
Teufelhund_OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #442
Teufelhund_OR
New Brawn
Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17 Points: 1,012, Level: 17

Teufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality postsTeufelhund_OR has made some quality posts

Quote:
Yes, it could definitely be a cause.

Huge strength swings are signs that something isn't right. Diet, lifting way too frequently, etc. It's good to set minimums for calories and protein intake. The body needs protein to recover and repair muscle tissue.

Could also be tied to hydration.

I kid of thought that was the issue, was going to follow the Renegade diet but it just seems it would be too hard to fit in enough protein and calories at night like that...

Thanks brother
Teufelhund_OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #443
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmonster93 View Post
I do intermittent fasting and I tend to eat a lot of protein in just one sitting. What is your opinion on using digestive enzyme during my meal to help with the digestion and absorption of the nutrients? Is it worth using them or is it total bro science?

Thanks!
I am not educated enough on this topic to comment.

Personally I don't think it's anything to worry about unless you are using steroids and need to take in 300+ grams of protein per day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #444
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Yao! Im currently incapacitated by a dislocated kneecap. Gonna be out of the gym for some time. The only thing i can do is work arms at home with dumbbells. Im doing tris one day and the next bis and forearms. Hitting them quite hard. Is it ok to do this continously or should i rest some days? I have no connective tissue pain from doing this for some weeks now,and the strenght has not diminished. Both bis and tris and forearms get 48 hours of rest before being slaughtered again. Is this ok? GAINZwise i mean?
How many sets per day? And how intense are the sets/ Are you pushing for progression or just doing lighter reps?

Old 05-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #445
Magnus
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: tricep pushdowns
Fav Supp: Protein powder
Magnus is off to a bad start

Quote:
How many sets per day? And how intense are the sets/ Are you pushing for progression or just doing lighter reps?
About 12 sets per muscle (bis tris and forearms) Going as heavy as i can.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #446
fabio
New Brawn
Points: 184, Level: 3 Points: 184, Level: 3 Points: 184, Level: 3

fabio is off to a bad start

Hey, I'm having a problem with my bench press. When pressing up from my chest, my right elbow flares out. This even happens when lowering the weight on the bar to something like 40kg (I'm doing Starting Strength and my Bench is now at 66kg). Do you have any tips for me or should I post a video first?

Last edited by fabio; 05-16-2013 at 12:54 PM.
fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #447
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Brawn
Points: 3,859, Level: 39 Points: 3,859, Level: 39 Points: 3,859, Level: 39
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!

Who is your daddy?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #448
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
About 12 sets per muscle (bis tris and forearms) Going as heavy as i can.
That's way too much arm volume in my opinion.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #449
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger View Post
Who is your daddy?
You are.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #450
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
Hey, I'm having a problem with my bench press. When pressing up from my chest, my right elbow flares out. This even happens when lowering the weight on the bar to something like 40kg (I'm doing Starting Strength and my Bench is now at 66kg). Do you have any tips for me or should I post a video first?
Video would help.

Generally you're going to need to learn tightness...a tight setup, tighter grip on the bar, better back shelf.

Here is a good place to get started:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/exe...nch-press.html