Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Q&A
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Q&A Questions and answers with some of the top lifters on MAB.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #141
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleurplaay View Post
Dear big strong hairy dude,

if you remember, where did you get that smallville shirt? I've been looking for one for ages but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
Here you go!

smallville from NerdyDuckling | eBay

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #142
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence_tc View Post
I am no longer a young'n , at the age pf 38

I love to lift heavy especially dead lifting. My dead lift is at 600+ at 205lbs. My question is, I lift for three reasons mainly for health, to look good and to be above average strong. I always get comments when going heavy in the gym that I am partaking in a dangerous activity by going so heavy. I am curious I am just being unnecessarily risky when I don't plan to compete power lifting wise or any other form of competition. Should I keep the weight moderate and rep it out or keep trying to be as strong as possible.

Thanks
If you are not a competitor I would definitely would never lift above 85% of squats and deadlifts.

Also, never push your body on days it tells you to go slow. That's my secret.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #143
Terence_tc

Terence_tc is off to a bad start

Thanks I needed that to get my back on the road of sanity.
Terence_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #144
irish-NOgains
irish-gains

Training Exp: 1 and half
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: whey
irish-NOgains is off to a bad start

whats the cheapest protien i can buy because i dont have a job only in summer and my parents arnt in work atm ?
irish-NOgains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #145
IronWill
Max Brawn

IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish-gains View Post
whats the cheapest protien i can buy because i dont have a job only in summer and my parents arnt in work atm ?
Food. Eggs, cheese, milk, meat. Fills yer belly too.
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #146
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish-gains View Post
I can't say for Ireland.

Over here eggs are fairly inexpensive. Whey protein is also reasonably priced for the amount of protein you get.

You may want to start a new thread in the nutrition section and let some of our UK members chime in.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #147
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post

O yeah, believe it or not, though I've battled Obesity all my life, I was never a big eater until my mid-to-Late 40s.

It was large quantities of Soft-Drinks and other Beverages that did me in...

Saxon Violence
The first thing you need to go is understand how many calories you take in per week. That's step 1.

Write down everything you eat for a week and figure out exactly how many calories and grams of protein you are taking in per day.

Once we have this number we will get you on a specific eating plan and help you get on the road to your goals.

If you already know about how many calories you maintain weight at, then we can skip this step.

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #148
SaxonViolence
Brawn

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

Just wanted to say:

"Thanks a whole lot!"

You're really a nice guy to read and respond in depth to everyone's questions this way.

I Googled "Gimlet Squat"...

Did you mean "Goblet Squat"?

At any rate—just did 2X20 holding my two 6 Pound Hammers together in the "Goblet" Position.

I'll do one more in a minute. Thighs are super-pumped and I even felt my erectors working.

Digging out the old weights will have to wait for a Sunny Day—pouring and chilly right now...

But now I see a Point to digging them out—even without Bench or Squat Rack.

Obvioulsly it will take a few days—like Seven to get a week's worth of meals/intake.....and I'll get back to you.

Just wanted to say "Thanks! " in the interim.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #149
Hamzadag

Hamzadag is off to a bad start

Hello there I've come from your YouTube channel ! Great stuff ! My question to you is: my knees cave inwards on deadlifts, is there a reason as to why this is ? Or do you need to see a video to know exactly why ?

Thanks in advance
Hamzadag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #150
skids
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Gidday Mr Beast,

Hey thanks for your reply regarding calories vs protein, very informative. While someone else is on the subject of protein, what are your thoughts on milk powder being a good replacement for protein powder ?. Over here protein powder is really dear. My last purchase 4.5 kg bag of Mutant protein powder stung me $150 and that is fairly cheep impaired to some. I read somewhere that if you chuck a couple of scoops of milk powder into your milk you have a fairly good alltournative, but I'm not so sure.

Many Thanks, Nath.
skids is offline   Reply With Quote