Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Q&A
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Q&A Questions and answers with some of the top lifters on MAB.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #371
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essawi View Post
Hello , pls i need ur help
I wanna add more weights to my deadlift
it is stuck for 165 kg and no improvement for almost 6 months
What is ur suggestion to workout for it
I train 4 days/week 3body parts /day
Deadlift day, i do 4 sets 3x5 , then my max 1x3 ( ramping weights)
than i do some light squat , 4 sets of row , 2 sets of chin up then 2 sets of biceps
This is for dedlift day
Glad to help. First I need some background info. What is your height, weight and age? What does your daily eating plan look like, on average?

Lastly, outline your training program for me - how many days per week that you train.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #372
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscularJon25 View Post
Alright thnx I'll give it a shot BBOD. Also would a skinny fat person be able to do a mini cut like 2-4 weeks after about 3+ months of training after some quality muscle has been built and then continue lean bulking. Could you explain why or why not?
What is your height, weight and age? That will help me give you the best advice.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #373
juanjames
Points: 150, Level: 2 Points: 150, Level: 2 Points: 150, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

juanjames is off to a bad start

Quote:
Maximize every set. That will solve all your problems. Push every set for as many reps as possible, stopping them when you might fail on the next rep. Do that and you will gain.

Get it out of your head that you have to destroy your body. You have to progress. Get crazy strong doing this and you WILL get big.
Thanks for the help! Yeah I def push my hardest. Right now I am just being careful with he whole sickness and dizzy stuff going on. It seems like if I take longer rest between sets its not so bad. When it comes to the soreness I guess I will have to learn to base my results on actual gains rather than feeling. Its probably because I was used to the split killing my muscles.

Quote:
Possibly blood pressure, possible low blood sugar, possibly dehydration.

Do you eat a lot of junk carbs?

Also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
I do have problems with hypoglycemia from time to time. I am currently working on my lazy diet. As for the water that could be it also I can't stand water. lol Anyway I figured it was one of those I just wanted to ask someone with more exp. Thanks a lot man you have been a great help!
juanjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #374
davez
Brawn
Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19 Points: 1,250, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Starting Strength
davez is new to the forumdavez is new to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Well you have 2 options:

1) Push yourself, eat the rice and potatoes and take it for the team.

2) Eat more fats instead.

Option #2 is the easier route. You could add 2 ounces of heavy cream to your skim milk. Or add butter to your veggies, or sour cream and cheese to your meat. Many ways to add fats without adding lactose.

I wouldn't recalculate calories. Best to monitor how things are going and make adjustments based on data rather than guesses.
Yeah, option 2 sounds good to me, I'll try to add butter, cheese or some cream into my diet.

I wish I lived in the USA, peanut butter seems so convenient :/

Thank you for replying
davez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #375
Klz
New Brawn
Points: 441, Level: 8 Points: 441, Level: 8 Points: 441, Level: 8

Klz is off to a good startKlz is off to a good startKlz is off to a good startKlz is off to a good start

Hello bearded beast of duloc!
I was wondering if you could help me make my mind. I just started training about 4-5 months ago and did beginner routine and made progress on my lifts. Also started eating more to get the much needed calories and proteins. Now I'm 5'8, 22 years old and weight around 209 lbs. Now I'm just starting to think I'm getting a bit too fat for my liking and been thinking if I should lose some weight or not? Or should I just keep eating and lifting for the time being? And what would you recommend for someone who can't keep up with workout to workout progress anymore move onto next? Sorry for the bad english and wall of text!
And thank you for taking the time to read the question and answering it.
Klz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #376
MaxZavtur
Points: 390, Level: 7 Points: 390, Level: 7 Points: 390, Level: 7

MaxZavtur is new to the forumMaxZavtur is new to the forum

Hey, Bearded Beast, do I need to periodize my training to build muscles ( by periodization i mean doing heavy/light weeks, and light week is when you do approximately 60% of your weights) or can I just do heavy training all the time? thanks
MaxZavtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #377
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxZavtur View Post
Hey, Bearded Beast, do I need to periodize my training to build muscles ( by periodization i mean doing heavy/light weeks, and light week is when you do approximately 60% of your weights) or can I just do heavy training all the time? thanks
Most lifters won't "need" to think about periodization for a long time, if at all. There are several variables involved including volume, intensity and frequency. If balanced properly you won't "need" periodization, but might want periodization.

Some minor periodization isn't a bad thing. On splits you can have a heavier week and a moderate week, and on fullbody workouts you can use heavy-light-medium training days.

It's all about balance and listening to your body. Some guys like periodization, some prefer going hard but with less volume. In either case a reasonable balance has to be maintained.

Not sure if this answered your question.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #378
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klz View Post
Hello bearded beast of duloc!
I was wondering if you could help me make my mind. I just started training about 4-5 months ago and did beginner routine and made progress on my lifts. Also started eating more to get the much needed calories and proteins. Now I'm 5'8, 22 years old and weight around 209 lbs. Now I'm just starting to think I'm getting a bit too fat for my liking and been thinking if I should lose some weight or not? Or should I just keep eating and lifting for the time being? And what would you recommend for someone who can't keep up with workout to workout progress anymore move onto next? Sorry for the bad english and wall of text!
And thank you for taking the time to read the question and answering it.
Hi Klz,

Do you have a recent picture? It doesn't need to be with your shirt off. Just curious to see how much muscle you've developed.

My opinion is generally this: if you are concerned about weight, and a bit borderline (meaning another 10 to 20 pounds might make you look too pudgy), then I would get the weight off for once and for all.

On the other hand, if you are rolling with muscle building I would clean up your eating plan and keep it rolling.

Let me know if you have a recent pic.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #379
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanjames View Post

I do have problems with hypoglycemia from time to time. I am currently working on my lazy diet. As for the water that could be it also I can't stand water. lol Anyway I figured it was one of those I just wanted to ask someone with more exp. Thanks a lot man you have been a great help!
Try a BCAA power in water, or a highly diluted scoop of protein powder in water. You have to drink.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #380
MuscularJon25
DudemakinnGainzz
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

MuscularJon25 is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What is your height, weight and age? That will help me give you the best advice.
I am 16 years old, 5 ft. 8 in., I am about 135lb. and my current bulking calories are 2330-2430

Last edited by MuscularJon25; 05-07-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
MuscularJon25 is offline   Reply With Quote