Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources > Q&A
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Q&A Questions and answers with some of the top lifters on MAB.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 AM   #191
OHDL
Max Brawn
Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast
Default Thanks for answering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I eat low carbish. It's a very hard lifestyle unless you are really committed to learning how to cook.

I would do some research and find a bunch of recipes you enjoy. There are thousands out there. having option will only help.

I love lower-carb eating, but I also leave a few days a week to stray. I hate forcing myself into "diets" that allow no wiggle room. I did that for too long and it zapped the fun out of life.

Regarding squats and deads, it's fairly normal to see around a 100 pound difference. Mine has been around that for years.

What does your squat workout or leg day look like? Also what is your height, weight and age?
Thanks for the reply beast,

I'm following the early intermediate program so it goes between the, two lower days I'm sure you're very familiar with the only thing I changed was twice a week I will squat with a reply goal. I'm 21, 6ft and 175 lbs.

Last edited by OHDL; 03-26-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: spelling,* rep goal.
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #192
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

Comments on the Texas HS Kid Benching 705?

Google "Matt Poursoltani" He's on "U" Tube.

I'd leave a link, but I can't figure out how to "Right Click" on this Borrowed Laptop.

Saxon Violence

Whew!

I wasted my Youth!
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #193
ajj1612
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

ajj1612 is off to a bad start

Hey Steve,
I just saw your video on arm size and I was wondering if bone thickness changes over time due to weight training.
Thanks.
ajj1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #194
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajj1612 View Post
Hey Steve,
I just saw your video on arm size and I was wondering if bone thickness changes over time due to weight training.
Thanks.
Not that I am aware of. Bone density improves, I believe.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #195
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonViolence View Post
Comments on the Texas HS Kid Benching 705?

Google "Matt Poursoltani" He's on "U" Tube.
Nice work. It's a shirted bench so I'm not surprised. There were over thirty 600+ benchers at the meet this weekend, I believe.

I fully expect an 800 shirted bench by a teen soon if geared lifting continues to grow.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #196
corneliuschoong
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

corneliuschoong is off to a bad start

Great bearded one,

I PMed you on facebook but you didn`t reply so I created an account here to ask this question:

In my country, we have to enlist in the military for 2 years, so it`s no lifting and no control over my food intake for 2 years, along with frequent long route marches, sleep deprivation and grueling conditions, possibly starving for several days on occasion.

Its mostly going to be doing cardio/marching/push-ups, and I have a life time goal of becoming a power lifter and achieving a good raw powerlifting total someday.

What would you do in my situation?

Should I just get back to lifting and start all over after enlisting?

Thanks for your time

Your videos and forum posts/articles have been a great help in helping me get stronger recently
corneliuschoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #197
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliuschoong View Post
Great bearded one,

I PMed you on facebook but you didn`t reply so I created an account here to ask this question:

In my country, we have to enlist in the military for 2 years, so it`s no lifting and no control over my food intake for 2 years, along with frequent long route marches, sleep deprivation and grueling conditions, possibly starving for several days on occasion.

Its mostly going to be doing cardio/marching/push-ups, and I have a life time goal of becoming a power lifter and achieving a good raw powerlifting total someday.

What would you do in my situation?

Should I just get back to lifting and start all over after enlisting?

Thanks for your time

Your videos and forum posts/articles have been a great help in helping me get stronger recently
Sorry, I'm not on Facebook much. My apologies.

I was in the service for 2 years. If you are lucky, you will find a minimal amount of equipment to use. My advice is that if you do have access to any equipment - and I mean literally anything - use it. get as strong as you can on it, despite the diet restrictions or limited weight.

If you only have 35 pound dumbbells, work up to 50 rep sets. In the absence of resistance, slowly add volume.

If you have no equipment at all, stay fit. Do a 3x a week body weight workout with push ups, pull ups etc. This will only help in the long run.

Worst case is that you will build some extra tendon strength, etc.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #198
drummerguydw
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

drummerguydw is off to a bad start

Hey, after some consideration and advice given, I figured westside might be a little too advanced for me currently. I was thinking about starting madcows 5x5, whats your opinion on this and is there anything you'd add or change about the program?
drummerguydw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #199
tayjeremy
Brawn
Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6 Points: 306, Level: 6
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fav Exercise: DEADLIFTS
Fav Supp: Creatine
tayjeremy is off to a good starttayjeremy is off to a good starttayjeremy is off to a good start

Hail Bearded Beast,

Has a mass monster like yourself ever gotten injured or had joint problems in your career?

Thanks
tayjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #200
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerguydw View Post
Hey, after some consideration and advice given, I figured westside might be a little too advanced for me currently. I was thinking about starting madcows 5x5, whats your opinion on this and is there anything you'd add or change about the program?
What are your current lift numbers?

And your height, weight and age? Sorry if I asked before.