Old 06-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
Has anyone used Slinshot?
I'm really wanting to educate people on the product as its a hidden gym, for relatively inexpensive price.
Never used it. From what I gather it is supposed to mitigate the effects of an insulin spike?
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
Grambo
Brawn
Points: 4,240, Level: 41 Points: 4,240, Level: 41 Points: 4,240, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15 Years
Grambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributor

Glucose disposal agents in short help to shuttle nutrients more efficiently. This doesn't just mean carbs but also creatine.
To put it a little to simple is it acts similar to insulin.
Grambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #23
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
Glucose disposal agents in short help to shuttle nutrients more efficiently. This doesn't just mean carbs but also creatine.
To put it a little to simple is it acts similar to insulin.
Ah, I see. Sounds interesting. I would imagine a person's diet plays an important role when using this supplement, in terms of results I mean.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
Grambo
Brawn

Grambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributorGrambo is a dedicated contributor

Just really depends, obviously though diet always plays an important role when adding supplementation.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
Grambo
Brawn

Here's a write up I did about it:

SlinShot is what the supplement industry has deemed a Glucose Disposal Agent (GDA). In laymans terms this means that the supplement works similar to insulin and insulinogenic type drugs to regulate blood glucose levels and help facilitate nutrient delivery into muscle.
There are two types of ingredients in GDA drugs/supplements (it's a bit more complicate but this sums it up somewhat) in some are Insulinogenic, cause release of insulin itself, or Insulinmimetics, which don't affect insulin but act like insulin on blood glucose.

There is only ONE single ingredient in SlinShot. It is Artemisia Dracunculus L. var. indora (also known as Russian Tarragon), let's call it AD for short!
In one mouse study AD lowered elevated glucose but 24% and reduced insulin by 33%. In comparison the same study showed that Metformin decreased levels by 41% and decreased insulin by 52%.

Another study showed that there is a study that suggested AD ingested along with creatine may act as insulin-like and help shuttle creatine into the muscles better than without, similar to using high GI drink or foods to shuttle it into the muscle. This is hypothesis but seems likely through the research.

We did our own case study on two subjects in the lab and showed significant difference between placebo and the use of AD when ingesting 75g of glucose, during an Oral Glucose Tolerance Test.

Important stuff! How to utilize SlinShot:

*Take Postworkout if taking in significant carbohydrates and/or creatine to help shuttle glucose and amino acids into the muscles
*Take with ANY carbohydrate meal to keep blood glucose levels steady and not spiking while upregulating nutrient uptake
*Take with preworkout carbs to increase pump in the gym
* Take with creatine and/or preworkout to help facilitate uptake

Essentially this will make you food that much more anabolic and less prone to adipose storage, especially helpful in cheat meals!

Usually 1 serving per 75g of carbs is a good rule of thumb to use, which is basically 35g per pill.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #26
Randoja
Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

Great info on Slinshot above!

Ok, the winners are JWood and The Big Sleep. Please PM me your shipping info today so we can get the product shipped to you ASAP. I wish I could have picked everyone in this thread but rest assured that we will be having more opportunities like this, I will recognize participation in this thread in future chances. Until then keep your training log updated, or if you have a really low post count, start a log and keep it up. A training log is the absolute best way that I know how diligent you are about keeping your threads updated.
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post

Ok, the winners are JWood and The Big Sleep. Please PM me your shipping info today so we can get the product shipped to you ASAP. I wish I could have picked everyone in this thread but rest assured that we will be having more opportunities like this, I will recognize participation in this thread in future chances. Until then keep your training log updated, or if you have a really low post count, start a log and keep it up. A training log is the absolute best way that I know how diligent you are about keeping your threads updated.
Nice! Congrats fellas
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #28
Grambo
Brawn

Can't wait to see these logs!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post

Pm sent with info. Thank you for the opportunity, can't wait to start.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
Randoja