Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Exhaustion during powerlifting work outs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9977)

themaster2981 05-15-2012 08:33 AM

Exhaustion during powerlifting work outs

Recently, I have been experiencing exhaustion during work outs, and in between set breaks. My heart rate reaches I dont know where. I have no history respiratory or lung diseases. It it normal?

I follow 3 alternate days a week schedule.

Squats, Bench and DLs.

Can anyone tell me the reasons and solutions?

Thanks in advance

Rich Knapp 05-15-2012 08:37 AM

See a Doc.

Jen 05-15-2012 08:49 AM

How long does it last? The higher the weight gets, the more I huff and puff between sets -- but it subsides after a minute or two. Is that how it works for you? I agree with Rich, though, when in doubt, see a doc -- even if it's just to clear you.

Rich Knapp 05-15-2012 08:55 AM

The biggest issue I have with help like this is I have no idea what your life style has been, has been the last few weeks, meals macro break down, health history, all symptems other than the ones that get posted.

For liability reasons its best to just post see a Doc.

In reality before you start a training rutien you should have anyways. ;)

If you did and your ok then look at your pre w/o meal. If its too high in fat it will beet the crap out of your cardeo vascular system. Some fat is ok and can even be good but too much you will swet like a pig and loose breath quickly.

MC 05-15-2012 09:02 AM

I echo that you should see a doctor. You should also get a watch or something that can measure your heart rate, so that when you see a doctor and s/he asks about how fast your heart races, you can provide that information.

Off Road 05-15-2012 09:26 AM

Barring any medical issue...

People underestimate the brutality of lifting heavy and using compound lifts. I usually get BLASTED for suggesting that people start with a few months of learning good form with light weights, getting their diets in order, and working on their conditioning levels. Then, build the weights up slowly.

bruteforce 05-15-2012 09:29 AM

I'm not a doctor, but I do deadlift. After a set of heavy deadlifts, things go a little grey and my hearing goes fuzzy for a few seconds until my blood pressure normalizes. After a set of 10 squats near my 10RM, I don't feel like moving for a good 2-3 minutes

Ryano 05-15-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 241670)
I'm not a doctor, but I do deadlift. After a set of heavy deadlifts, things go a little grey and my hearing goes fuzzy for a few seconds until my blood pressure normalizes. After a set of 10 squats near my 10RM, I don't feel like moving for a good 2-3 minutes

I don't deadlift, but after a heavy bench(one rep) I'm exhausted for a few minutes. At my last meet, I actually couldn't focus my eyes for a few minutes after my final lift. I'm sure it was just blood pressure issues like Brute, mine goes away after a few minutes. And of coarse...O4E helps.:rockon:

If it is that bad, or takes more than a few minutes to recover, you should get a stress test done.

Kuytrider 05-15-2012 10:35 AM

When you are working near your limit in compound lifts, it is perfectly normal to be extremely tired after a set. It used to take me several minutes to get back to a regular pattern. However, a few months of constant training and my conditioning is slightly better.
If it's just tiredness and you're not feeling weak, light-headed or dizzy, you should be ok.

However, I would echo the sentiments of Rich and Jen and have a check up if it really concerns you. A futile effort to be the brave warrior doesn't help anyone.

themaster2981 05-16-2012 03:05 AM

Thanks Guys for the help.

I actually thought that I need some supplement to correct this. I thought may be I am low on energy, so some pre-workout thing may work, nevertheless, I would seek a doctor for this.

One thing I need to say and that is, this schedule gives me a wonderful fresh feeling after cooling down. The workout effect is beautiful.

Thanks again to all of you.