Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What equipment Do I need to get to compete in power lifting? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9890)

RobMoriRB 05-07-2012 08:25 AM

What equipment Do I need to get to compete in power lifting?

I know for sure I need a singlet,belt,wrist wraps. Is their anything I am missing?

BendtheBar 05-07-2012 08:29 AM

Singlet.

Other than that you don't need anything to compete in raw. Most feds allow a belt and wrist wraps, and some knee wraps. Check with the fed you are competing in for details. They vary greatly.

IronManlet 05-07-2012 08:32 AM

Singlet is needed for the competition, but I wouldn't call it 'equipment.'

All you need is a squat rack, a couple barbells, and lots of plates. In a pinch, you could even do without the squat rack.

Hell, just one barbell and some rusty plates in an old church basement made John Davis a weightlifting champion at age 17; without drugs.

Fazc 05-07-2012 08:36 AM

Knee length socks for the Deadlift as well.

If we're talking complete bare necessities than merely the socks, a singlet and some flat trainers will suffice for competition day.

Of course you need gym equipment etc etc to actually train and make gains and that will depend on how you train, but I think you were asking about clothing equipment needed to actually compete.

BendtheBar 05-07-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 239226)
Knee length socks for the Deadlift as well.

Forgot that, but good addition.

I forgot to roll my socks up after squatting during the last meet and lost quite a bit of shin. Definitely want high socks.

J_Byrd 05-07-2012 08:50 AM

Squat suit, briefs, bench shirt, knee wraps, wrist wraps, chucks, socks, back up gear....O wait I forgot I am a gear whore lol!!!!

Really all you need if you want to lift raw is a singlet and a pair of shin high socks for the deadlift. I would invest in a good belt, wrist wraps, and knee wraps just for my own benifit. Some feds will allow knee wraps, others will not for raw. About $200 and you could have the best stuff anyone could ask for in raw lifting.

Jen 05-07-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 239232)
Squat suit, briefs, bench shirt, knee wraps, wrist wraps, chucks, socks, back up gear....O wait I forgot I am a gear whore lol!!!!

Really all you need if you want to lift raw is a singlet and a pair of shin high socks for the deadlift. I would invest in a good belt, wrist wraps, and knee wraps just for my own benifit. Some feds will allow knee wraps, others will not for raw. About $200 and you could have the best stuff anyone could ask for in raw lifting.

LOL!

I own a pair of chucks. And some scrubby workout clothes. But I don't compete so theres that. *shrug*

RobMoriRB 05-07-2012 12:27 PM

thanks, I have been looking around an trying to find what I need to compete, thanks.

Hazzard 05-07-2012 12:52 PM

Y-fronts. Nope, not kidding.