Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Meet day numbers? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9829)

J_Byrd 05-01-2012 09:18 AM

Meet day numbers?
 
So I am 4 weeks out from the meet at this point. I have been playing with numbers so far. The main goal is to reach the pro total at 308, which is 2325. I think if I go 9 for 9 I could total 2500! I have either done, or exceded each of these lifts in training (with the exception of the 3rd attempt deadlift). Here is what I am thinking, feel free to drop some imput.

Squat: 900, 970, 1005
Bench: 700, 735, 770
Deadlift: 630, 700, 725

Jen 05-01-2012 09:55 AM

I have no input other than -- you rock!

Ryano 05-01-2012 10:01 AM

Opening with a PR hardly ever works out well. I think you should open on bench lower. Your great gym lifts weren't done after squating a G. You don't want to mess that up with a bad decision on bench opener. Hit something EZ( 675ish), then load the bar. IMO.

J_Byrd 05-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryano (Post 237638)
Opening with a PR hardly ever works out well. I think you should open on bench lower. Your great gym lifts weren't done after squating a G. You don't want to mess that up with a bad decision on bench opener. Hit something EZ( 675ish), then load the bar. IMO.

What worries me about that Roger is that I cant touch with a decent groove. Orginally the plan was to take 675, but worry that I cant get it down. Even with the collar as high as I can keep it, 650 to the 2board is a bear! Guess I should try to touch consistantly at 675 over the next 3 weeks? :confused:

EDIT: This is what I worked out: 675, 710, 750. I have to have at least 675 to get to my total, really anything after that is just extra. I am also considering only taking 2 attempts in the squat. Maybe 950 then 1005?

Ryano 05-01-2012 12:29 PM

If all you need is 675, I would definately start there. You know I'm not a full power guy, so I'm not savvy on how much skwatts effect bench strength. If it was bench only, I'd say go for it with your training #'s, but it's not. You can always go up if you have problems touching,but can't go down if you have lockout problems.

J_Byrd 05-01-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryano (Post 237698)
If all you need is 675, I would definately start there. You know I'm not a full power guy, so I'm not savvy on how much skwatts effect bench strength. If it was bench only, I'd say go for it with your training #'s, but it's not. You can always go up if you have problems touching,but can't go down if you have lockout problems.

Very good point. I will work on touching the 675. I can make a bigger jump on the 2nd attempt if I want.

Fazc 05-01-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 237622)
Squat: 900, 970, 1005
Bench: 700, 735, 770
Deadlift: 630, 700, 725

Not much to add in terms of advice... but just mind-boggling numbers J! :rockon:

J_Byrd 05-02-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 237709)
Not much to add in terms of advice... but just mind-boggling numbers J! :rockon:

Thanks, that deadlift looks bad beside the rest of those numbers though haha!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.