Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Buffalo bar/ bow bar (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9669)

maiko 04-17-2012 01:20 AM

Buffalo bar/ bow bar

Hi, I'm looking to buy a bow bar/buffalo bar for my husband. It's a surprise for our anniversary. The ones from Westside-barbell and New york barbell are sold out. Is there another place I could find one that is not super expensive? Thanks.

BendtheBar 04-17-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maiko (Post 233687)
Hi, I'm looking to buy a bow bar/buffalo bar for my husband. It's a surprise for our anniversary. The ones from Westside-barbell and New york barbell are sold out. Is there another place I could find one that is not super expensive? Thanks.

Iron Mind has a buffalo bar:

Buffalo Bar for squats, good mornings, shrugs - IronMind-Ironmind Enterprises

Sorry to hear New York's Bow Bar was sold out. That's the one I have and the cost is very reasonable.

maiko 04-17-2012 10:36 AM

Thanks. I saw that one and the one EliteFTS...I was really wanting the ones from Westside barbell or new york barbell because it was half the price...

BendtheBar 04-17-2012 10:39 AM

The York one has served me well. I can't speak highly enough about it. Have you by chance contacted them about ETA on stocking?

maiko 04-17-2012 10:57 AM

I think it's about the same as the weside, the end of May. Our anniversary is on May 1. Which whatever, I told him that he's going to have to wait till June to get his present. He's fine w/ it.

J_Byrd 04-17-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maiko (Post 233795)
I think it's about the same as the weside, the end of May. Our anniversary is on May 1. Which whatever, I told him that he's going to have to wait till June to get his present. He's fine w/ it.

Good call on your and his part! Print him a picture and give it to him May 1 haha! Congrats on the up coming Anniversary! Encourage your husband to join the site as well. Lots of good information here!

maiko 04-17-2012 11:14 AM

That is a good idea! But he is NOT a patient man by no means. So I'll wait till I get it and have his buddy help me set it up in his gym. Since you have one of this bar, maybe you can explain to me why you like it other than just normal bars. I saw a lot of other bars online but I remember him specifically saying he wanted a buffalo bar after he saw the world's strongest man on tv. But I don't work out w/ weights so not sure about any bars really.....thanks.

J_Byrd 04-17-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maiko (Post 233800)
That is a good idea! But he is NOT a patient man by no means. So I'll wait till I get it and have his buddy help me set it up in his gym. Since you have one of this bar, maybe you can explain to me why you like it other than just normal bars. I saw a lot of other bars online but I remember him specifically saying he wanted a buffalo bar after he saw the world's strongest man on tv. But I don't work out w/ weights so not sure about any bars really.....thanks.

Buffalo/Bow Bar is really good for people who have shoulder issues. We use a long bar instead, but a Buffalo bar is a very good investment. He will enjoy it!