Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Whatever you decide anyway, I'm in full support of the plan. It'll be great for your total and your health.
Thanks. Right now I've let my health slip chasing strength. Need to rope that in a bit. 50 year old corpses don't lift much.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
If you want a full body workout for conditioning, you have the answer right on this site. I've used it in the past and I've recommended it many times. Instead of doing 1 set of 12 reps, you can do the first 4 exercises as a complex, then the next 4 as another complex, and use the last 4 as high rep finishers.

York Course #4

Warm-up…Light Power Snatch
1. Barbell Curls
2. Standing Behind Neck Barbell Presses
3. Upright Rowing
4. Standing Barbell Side Bend
5. Barbell Clean and Press
6. High Pulls (Clean or Snatch Grip)
7. Deep Knee Bend and Press Behind Neck
8. Power Snatches
9. Standing Barbell Press
10. Barbell Bent-Over Row
11. Deadlift
12. Squats
I'm actually thinking about using the big lifts as finishers. This has worked well for me in the past. Mentally I deal with it better, knockign everything out quickly, then doing the big moves.

As far as conditioning, my goal with the volume week was to work on not just conditioning but also to get volume work in...to help rebuild my work capacity, which has diminished. I also want to work on hypertrophy and regain strength in some weak areas, if that makes sense. I want muscle and strength, and to not get tired after one rep

I do like the idea of doing a circuit/complex with a few lifts.

You guys are giving me a lot to think about.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

By the end I was doing full bodys upto 6 days a week, fantastic for rapid fat loss. I know training for fat loss isn't well supported by most people but in my experience this is simply because most people just don't push the limits of how much work they can do in a given week. Obviously diet is important yadda yadda yadda... but training can make a massive difference and this type of stuff 6 days a week will transform you.
Well with my restrictive metabolism I need workouts that will kill it. I can only did so many calories right now. I've been to points in 2009 where 1700 was only causing a one pound loss per week.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

How about hill sprints??

I personally think these are just brutal. And they do not really effect strength too much if you keep them short. Just another idea you could throw in sometime.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I have a monster hill outside my door. Solid idea.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #26
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
How about hill sprints??

I personally think these are just brutal. And they do not really effect strength too much if you keep them short. Just another idea you could throw in sometime.
X2.