Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!
Default Shoulder Rehab/Prehab Question

So, a couple of years ago I hurt my left shoulder when doing lying DB Presses. Worked my way back and was able to press again in a couple of months, but since then my left side has been weaker and my left collarbone is somewhat higher than my right (you can actually see it sticking out more on the left side)

Now and then ever since my left shoulder has been bugging me some, nothing major and it usually goes away by resting from pressing movements for a a couple of days.

My Benchpress has finally started to move up, but when I press heavy, my left arm tends to flare halfway through the lift, making me fail or grind alot, and it also hurts a bit in the shoulder/collarbone area, and aferwards hurts to raise my arm above shoulder level. I now am looking for your advices on this - what exercises should I do to prehab/rehab this, and to build strength in my left R/C or shoulder? Anything that can be done with bands at home?

Im pretty new to this kind of training (prehab/rehab) so I would appreciate all suggestions, but preferably from experience =)

Thanks fellas.