Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #131
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Being a one lift wonder is better then being a no lift wonder Mr. DW, and again a 16 year old with one year of lifting beat you. Yes he may be heavier but one year and much younger.
A no-lift wonder? My squat, deadlift, and total are all elite, based on multiple classifications. You, on the other hand, lifting just 4lbs more than me while being three weight classes higher, is not very impressive, irrespective of your age and # of years lifting. It makes you mediocre at best. Sorry, kid.

Quote:
Also how big is your ego to decide who is and who isn't a powerlifter?
It's not about ego, and it's not just MY opinion. The vast majority of other powerlifters, some of whom are legends in the sport and well beyond any elite classification charts, almost unanimously agree that you can't call yourself a powerlifter unless you compete in full-power meets, not just bench press.

Quote:
Sorry Jen was just frustrated at DW for insulting people because I have seen him do it before. Wasn't trying to make it about me I just wanted him to get off his high horse.
I already stated that Ryano was the one who started insulting lighter powerlifters, something he has no business doing because he's not a powerlifter, only a bench presser.

You've seen me do it before? When and where? Certainly not on MAB. I've been very friendly and helpful on this board since I joined, over two years ago. All I've seen you do is brag in this thread while masking it as a way to defend someone else.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)

Last edited by DieselWeasel; 05-13-2012 at 06:24 PM.
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #132
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Attached Images

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-13-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #133
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

I apologize before hand to anyone who reads this I thought this thread was over but I was wrong, he just insulted a 16 year old who wants to defend himself.

Let me start off by saying just refering to your self as an elite lifter and yes I'm still sticking by what I said that the elite totals are way to low to be call "elite". The only reasons I brought of my numbers was A. to put you down and B. to prove a point since at my next meet I should get around mid 1300 to 1400 total and elite for 220 is 1500 something and that shouldn't happen. I'm not saying I'm some awesome lifter who can't be matched, I am saying though that if it only takes a few years is it truly elite? We have also had threads on this site, tnation, BB.com, powerliftingwatck.com, and marunde muscle talking about how they are way to low.

Also with the ego thing calling someone a glorified gym rat and not a powerlifter(even though again on cover of magazine) may just be the definition of ego. Also if you want to say that bench only is powerlifting then neither is raw since that wasn't part of the original and neither is deadlifting since it used to be curl.

And I have seen you never directly insult one but I have seen you flaut yourself since you have a fake elite status and if I remember correctly on bb.com in thread about the best looking powerlifter thread you posted a pic of yourself in a non joking manner.

God I love internet tough guys who need validation from everyone to prove something to themselves then fight a kids online.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #134
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

I put my numbers in last night. Not sure what it all means. I do know when I look at others guys numbers, there are some legit badasses on this forum.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #135
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I put my numbers in last night. Not sure what it all means. I do know when I look at others guys numbers, there are some legit badasses on this forum.
That much is true. I've got a long way to go, and a lot of steaks to eat before its all said and done.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #136
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
I apologize before hand to anyone who reads this I thought this thread was over but I was wrong, he just insulted a 16 year old who wants to defend himself.

Let me start off by saying just refering to your self as an elite lifter and yes I'm still sticking by what I said that the elite totals are way to low to be call "elite". The only reasons I brought of my numbers was A. to put you down and B. to prove a point since at my next meet I should get around mid 1300 to 1400 total and elite for 220 is 1500 something and that shouldn't happen. I'm not saying I'm some awesome lifter who can't be matched, I am saying though that if it only takes a few years is it truly elite? We have also had threads on this site, tnation, BB.com, powerliftingwatck.com, and marunde muscle talking about how they are way to low.
Putting me down? Are you delusional? 16 or not, you're a Class II lifter, which is nowhere near the supposedly low # for Elite. Saying what you predict for your next meet doesn't mean shit because you haven't done it.

Like I previously stated, get an elite raw total for your weight class; then and only then will you be able to legitimately argue your point about the classifications not being high enough. Until then, your opinion doesn't hold much water because your 1274 @ 220 is over 300lbs less than an elite total, according to the current standards, over here: http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/classifications.htm

Quote:
Also with the ego thing calling someone a glorified gym rat and not a powerlifter(even though again on cover of magazine) may just be the definition of ego. Also if you want to say that bench only is powerlifting then neither is raw since that wasn't part of the original and neither is deadlifting since it used to be curl.
Just because a bench presser was put on the cover of a powerlifting magazine doesn't make them a powerlifter. If you don't squat and deadlift, you're the equivalent of Joe Schmuck from my local gym.

Quote:
And I have seen you never directly insult one but I have seen you flaut yourself since you have a fake elite status and if I remember correctly on bb.com in thread about the best looking powerlifter thread you posted a pic of yourself in a non joking manner.
Fake elite status? Again, see above. There's nothing fake about what I've achieved. You, on the other hand, haven't done anything of any significance, kid. Sure, you competed which is more than most people, but still doesn't amount to much.

The following three excerpts are from the aforementioned webpage:

Elite: An exceptional lifter, for males this means the lifter is very likely in the top 10 in the nation for their respective weight class and the lifter may be close to a top 5 ranking among comparable federations for that competition year. For females this means the lifter is very likely in the top 5 in the nation for their respective weight class and the lifter may be close to a top 3 ranking among comparable federations for that competition year. Elite lifters generally place very well at local level competitions and will usually hold their own at National level competitions. It is not uncommon for Elite level lifters to have 10+ years of experience with serious powerlifting training. Approximately 1% of competitive powerlifters will reach the Elite level of classification.

How did you come up with the numbers? The primary resource that was used to calculate actual numbers instead of expected numbers was the lifter rankings system on PLwatch.com. Information from the years 2008, 2009, and 2010 were primarily used. PLwatch.com does not separate by out federation standards and/or if lifters are drug tested so we had to further examine the rankings based on those qualities. Those numbers provided the backbone for the Elite standards, however several lifting formulas were also used, input was given from federation officials, and patterns were analyzed. The other rankings (Master through Class IV) were set up to maintain a similar standard in relation to the Elite rankings as occurred in previous years.

Aren’t these standards too low? They were based on the rankings on PLwatch.com. It is likely that if all competitive powerlifters competed in the same federation under the same standards, there would be more “elite” level lifters than the numbers here and the numbers might need to be revised. However, use of powerlifting equipment, strictness of judging, and drugs all play a significant role in the numbers lifters can put up. If more people want to come and lift under these standards and prove them too low, so be it. Until that time all we can use is the information we have.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)

Last edited by DieselWeasel; 05-13-2012 at 06:18 PM.
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #137
mab54
Max Brawn

mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Just saw BtB post and just out of respect for him and not for you Mr. DW I will not post what I was about to because I am above that. But listen here I still don't think of you as an elite lifter and I actually had some really good points I was about to post. Again out of respect for this site and not for you I will end it now.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #138
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sorry MAB for the confusion. I removed the post. So many thoughts going on in my head right now.

DW is an elite class lifter. Ryano is a powerlifter. I hope we will discontinue any nitpicking beyond this.

Respect the iron, and the men who lift it. Respect the Muscle and Brawn community, and the people that donated to get this league up and running.

Feuds only end one way - with people leaving. Quite frankly I get sick of that nonsense. We work our ass off to make this one of the best communities on the Internet. Please work with us, and not against us.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-13-2012 at 06:27 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #139
mab54
Max Brawn

It's alright I don't care for one member of this site but this is still a the best site on the web, he just pissed me off when he called Ryano a "glorified gymrat".
Old 05-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #140
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sorry MAB for the confusion. I removed the post. So many thoughts going on in my head right now.

DW is an elite class lifter. Ryano is a powerlifter. I hope we will discontinue any nitpicking beyond this.

Respect the iron, and the men who lift it. Respect the Muscle and Brawn community, and the people that donated to get this league up and running.

Feuds only end one way - with people leaving. Quite frankly I get sick of that nonsense. We work our ass off to make this one of the best communities on the Internet. Please work with us, and not against us.
Bump.

I do care about everyone here, and you guys are more than forum members. I understand disagreements happen. I kindly ask that we move on and agree to disagree.

Honor. Respect. And SFW.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-13-2012 at 06:31 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote