Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default RPS Jan 28 2012 Bodybygamma meet write up

Not a good way to start of the new year.

Squat
500-No lift, bar rolled forward on my neck and I lost it
500-3whites
530- Just too burnt out from uncomfortable conditions.

Bench Press
320-No lift, Forgot about the new bench command
320-3whites, not shown, I smoked it
350-3whites

Deadlift
570-3whites smoke show
610-No lift, the bar twisted around and out of position
610-No lift, 1white light,...my left knee, locked, unlocked, relocked even though the bar never stopped moving up, and leverage wise my right leg is slightly longer than the left.

*Odd that calls like that never get brought up on bench press, or geared lifters...

I don't blame the whole FED, I just blame substitute and questionable judges.

Anyways I still managed to take a JR and Men 242 Raw Am Classic 1st place(in both cross division), not that, stupid trophies or placings ever mattered to me. If they did I would have competed in the morning, and take best lifter, out of the womens, teens and juniors, but that is a cop out.

Here is the 610 video full meet coming up :

I feel cheated, I had a bad meet, just not in to it, but had I got 610 I would have totaled 1460 rather than 15lbs less my prior total 1435, and would have at least been able to call this meet a step forward.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I don't understand the call.

I can see the leg lock and unlock, but it looked to me like your leg was shaking a bit. That happens to me on the heavy pulls as well.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Just unlucky T. Onwards and upwards.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Old 01-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Great Job man!! Very strong numbers!! Bummer about the deadlift, it looked clean to me. Very good effort, don't let the questionable call get you down.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Thanks Guys! Support is always appreciated

I just can't help but call BS on the call though, people keep telling me rules are rules but all the damn rules say are this :

Causes for Disqualification for the Deadlift :

Any downward movement of the bar during the upward movement during the lift.
AKA Hitching which wasn't done and the Bar never went down

Failure to stand erect with the shoulder and hips in an erect position.
I put my hips through, which most lifters don't and get whites for

Failure to lock the knee straight at the completion of the lift.
My knees were locked at COMPLETION

Supporting the bar on the thighs during the performance of the lift.
AKA Ramping which I did not do

Lowering the bar before receiving the center referee's signal.
I held the weight

Allowing the bar to return to the platform without maintaining control with both hands or deliberately dropping the bar after the referee's signal.
All lifts were controlled

Taken from wikipedia and the rule book.

Rules of the Dead Lift

Facing the front of the platform, the lifter grasps the bar laid horizontally at their feet with an optional grip in both hands and lifts upward in one movement until the lifter is standing erect.
The bar is allowed to stop, but no downward movement is allowed. There is no start command for the deadlift.
Upon completion of the lift, the lifter shall be standing erect with hips and knees locked. The shoulders must be square and are not required to be thrust back past the erect position. If they are thrust back and all other criteria is acceptable, the lift will be considered good.
The lifter shall stay in this erect position with shoulders back and hips and knees locked until the center referee's signal consisting of a downward motion of the hand and the verbal command "DOWN". The signal will not be given until the bar is held under control and the lifter is in the finished position. The "DOWN" command will be given regardless if the lift is good or not;

or prior to the completion of the lock out if an obvious infraction has been committed in an effort to save the energy of the lifter for any remaining attempts.

Any raising of the bar or deliberate bona fide attempt to break contact between the floor and the weights will be considered an attempt.

So if my INFRACTION did not meet any of the causes for disqualification, WTF. I am sick of these politics about RULES.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Unlucky mate. Why do you guys not just ask the judge what the problem was when you get red-lighted?

That's common practice here in any competition I've been in the UK. I got red-lighted on the bench today, quickly asked the head judge, he said "arse off bench". Done, no problems.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

That sucks bbg! I hope you do not let one bad call ruin your love for powerlifting. Your numbers are crazy strong and you have the potential to hit even bigger numbers!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
So if my INFRACTION did not meet any of the causes for disqualification, WTF. I am sick of these politics about RULES.
I'm right there with you. My legs shake on heavy deads and bench and I could see myself getting red-lighted for twitching.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Unlucky mate. Why do you guys not just ask the judge what the problem was when you get red-lighted?

That's common practice here in any competition I've been in the UK. I got red-lighted on the bench today, quickly asked the head judge, he said "arse off bench". Done, no problems.
I did ask they said the knee-lock unlock thing, but I couldn't find anything about that in the rule book and to give background on the story we had 2 sessions, 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 9+pm, I was in the latter, so by the time the deadlifts came around I don't even know if the judges (who where there for the deadlifts) were qualified they most likely were gym rat, I hang around powerlifting meets and go to a powerlifter gym but never lifted a decent weight in my life lay abouts.

I know one of the judges in that fed (who had left after the benchs) and he said he was upset with the inconsistencies and the discrepancies of the judges not being on the same page. I showed Gene Rychlak my video and he said well its not that they want to take lifts away from lifters, but they are going to be strict on the judging, which meant he ran out of judges so he needs them to be there is happy they helped out and isn't going to challenge them because their are just too many lifters and lifts done in the day.