Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Smolov will I die? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850)

thumpinos 09-29-2009 07:39 AM

Smolov will I die?

I am going to run the Smolov squat cycle (starting today) as well as my normal training.

I will do Squats in the morning, and the other work in the afternoon.

Will I get hospitalised or die (not serious) but is this too much?

swoleramon 09-29-2009 07:50 AM

I didn't think you did that workout with other exercises? Insane avatar by the way. Is that you bro?

BendtheBar 09-30-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpinos (Post 6164)
I am going to run the Smolov squat cycle (starting today) as well as my normal training.

I will do Squats in the morning, and the other work in the afternoon.

Will I get hospitalised or die (not serious) but is this too much?

Welcome to the forum. You might die. That's a very difficult system to stick with. Are you natural?

jwood 10-01-2009 11:36 AM

This looks like a crazy routine, high volume with heavy weights multiple times a week, wow. I want to try it.

BendtheBar 10-01-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 6364)
This looks like a crazy routine, high volume with heavy weights multiple times a week, wow. I want to try it.

I though about Smolov once...but then came to my senses :)

jwood 10-01-2009 03:10 PM

I am thinking of running this program just for a week of the base program as a test week being that all I can really do right now is squat and very light upper body which is pretty much all that is done on this program. I used one of the online calculators to come up with this so far.

Monday- 4x9x294
Wednesday- 5x7x315
Friday- 7x5x336
Saturday- 10x3x357

I think my body could handle this for a week and then I would definitely reassess and see how my shoulder is doing and most likely go back to westside. Hopefully I will be almost 100 percent by then.

I will use the weekend to think this over.

BendtheBar 10-01-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 6369)
I am thinking of running this program just for a week of the base program as a test week being that all I can really do right now is squat and very light upper body which is pretty much all that is done on this program. I used one of the online calculators to come up with this so far.

Monday- 4x9x294
Wednesday- 5x7x315
Friday- 7x5x336
Saturday- 10x3x357

I think my body could handle this for a week and then I would definitely reassess and see how my shoulder is doing and most likely go back to westside. Hopefully I will be almost 100 percent by then.

I will use the weekend to think this over.

I have Smolov jr on MAB:

Smolov Junior Powerlifting Cycle | Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Week 1 (SETS x REPS x WEIGHT)

Monday… 6 x 6 x 70% (Standard Smolov is 4 x 9)
Wednesday… 7 x 5 x 75% (Standard Smolov is 5 x 7)
Friday… 8 x 4 x 80% (Standard Smolov is 7 x 5)
Saturday… 10 x 3 x 85% (The same as the standard Smolov)

More food for thought, and info to confuse you :)

jwood 10-01-2009 04:58 PM

Nice, I like getting confused and then I just figure it out in the weight room!! Thanks MAB

BendtheBar 10-01-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 6377)
Nice, I like getting confused and then I just figure it out in the weight room!! Thanks MAB

No problem. I have so many routines in my head that I even confuse myself :)

glwanabe 10-01-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 6375)
I have Smolov jr on MAB:

Smolov Junior Powerlifting Cycle | Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Week 1 (SETS x REPS x WEIGHT)

Monday… 6 x 6 x 70% (Standard Smolov is 4 x 9)
Wednesday… 7 x 5 x 75% (Standard Smolov is 5 x 7)
Friday… 8 x 4 x 80% (Standard Smolov is 7 x 5)
Saturday… 10 x 3 x 85% (The same as the standard Smolov)

More food for thought, and info to confuse you :)

This looks good MAB. I think the Daddy Smolev is for an advanced level. This is still a good amount of work, but looks doable for an intermediate level.