Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor
Question Urges to lift for mass?

i will admit my vanity and old bodybuilding mentality is sneaking up on me a bit. i sometimes wish i was doing more work for size, but with the inclusion of dips and chin ups on "day 5" of madcow's intermediate routine, i am relunctant to add any accessory/supplementary work for this purpose.

i feel that the nature of madcow's linear progression and my strength training goals dictate that i should not add exercises if they are not intended to increase my strength.

i haven't been a "small" guy since i was a teenager. that being said, the "size" that a lot guys put on while strength training hasn't had as great of an impact on my physique as it would those lifters. working with a 5x5 rep/set scheme, can i expect to continue to put on size once the weights are heavy enough to necessitate that change? or, will there be a point when i'll have to specifically augment my training with some higher rep exercises to facilitate this growth? (for aesthetic reasons as well as strength)

anyone else struggle with this feeling occasionally?

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links