Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default needing input on c&p

I have been on stonglifts for what, 2 months? well a work friend and best friend in general that i graduated with, has asked me to start chaos and pain with him he wants to do it at my house! Now i had to ask was he talking about the choas and pain we know (jamie lewis) and in fact he was, hes been lookin over it on the internet, i honestly dont mind considerin this just wanted your opinion(mab) on how i set it up(am i even close) according to the chart he printed out and showed me! Well just incase the question arises, yes i like stronglifts but i can tell ya what im doin all 3 days of each week, c&p seems like i just raise hell where i feel like raisin hell.

Monday
front squat -10x3
(supersetted)
regular bb bench-10x3

Tuesday
Dips -want 30 total reps
abs

Wednesday
Shrugs-10x3
Skullcrusher-12x2

Thursday
Chins-50 total reps

Friday
BTN push press-10x3
reverse curls-10x3

Now review this how u want to, if u call me stupid thats cool, cause remember i dont design routines or am i that good at it, this just made sense after reading into c&p!

Now of course other exercises will be rotated

ATG BACK SQUATS
DEADLIFTS
PUSHDOWNS
HIGH PULLS
BARBELL ROWS
CGBP
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

and if anyone is wondering why i have not logged my workouts, well thats simple, im working 65 hours a week, i get one day off each week, and that day i spend time with my girl and babyboy, i will try and start being a late night creeper and logging workouts
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Here's my opinion:

You are NOT conditioned or ready for c&p.

For the record I also don't think I'm conditioned or ready for it

Lastly on a 65hour work week, is a routine where you train minimum 6 times per week really the right move?

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I thought you guys were talking about Clean & Presses (C&P)...kept looking for them in the routine. I'm so out of the loop...
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I thought you guys were talking about Clean & Presses (C&P)...kept looking for them in the routine. I'm so out of the loop...
Welcome to the club.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Watch where you're pointing that Sonny!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Watch where you're pointing that Sonny!
I will show you whipper snappers some chaos and pain.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Just out of curiosity, how has your progression on stronglifts been? What were your starting lifts and where are they now?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #9
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

first day on stronglifts i benched 135x5(easy) , now-205x5x5
squat-185x5, 265x5x5
deadlift-135x5, 270x5
ohp-95x5, 130x5

i progressed fairly fast because i started light and was adding weight each workout, but im just getting tired of the same old grind, ive also gained about 7 pounds, for what i can tell is muscle.

I guess this is why i cant stick to a routine, i always want something to be fun, and hell fun isnt always gonna work

also @offroad, they are in there somewhere , sorry lol didnt add them to the list

SO CHAOS AND PAIN IS A NO GO?

Last edited by CoopDawg; 12-03-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
first day on stronglifts i benched 135x5(easy) , now-205x5x5
squat-185x5, 265x5x5
deadlift-135x5, 270x5
ohp-95x5, 130x5
Good work mate!

Stick with that tbh! You're doing great!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote