Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Eagle Loops (finger/grip strength training) (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8095)

5kgLifter 12-02-2011 01:38 PM

Eagle Loops (finger/grip strength training)

I've placed this here because it really comes under "strength" training of the fingers.

I decided to get me a pair of these Eagle Loops after seeing them in use in vids and such; the verdict, they are great. They make setting up for a middle-finger deadlift a lot easier, just loop it through and I'm away...no fiddling about with rigging that has to be made of something suitable that will hold the weightload and not cut off circulation, or worse still, cut into the finger.

I've seen youtube vids where people have used them for 150kg (two-handed) finger deadlifts, so they can take a substantial load...they are also extremely well made and are solid just to look at which gives confidence that they will not give during an attempt. They also permit a person to choose how many fingers to use on each hand, with 4 loops on each one, for the fingers (not the thumb) though I'd imagine if you chose to do a thumb lift, all you'd do is use one of the loops.

http://paulm.com/pix/2006/01/21/112k...p_deadlift.jpg

Fazc 12-02-2011 01:43 PM

Your signature has always been of particular interest since I was very much into grip competitions and grip training. I did a few competitions with David Horne and have much of the equipment including the Eagle Loops and CoC Grippers etc.

I think I recall doing 2 finger deads with 180kg and more with the eagle loops. I had a bit of talent towards individual finger lifts.

5kgLifter 12-02-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 193994)
Your signature has always been of particular interest since I was very much into grip competitions and grip training. I did a few competitions with David Horne and have much of the equipment including the Eagle Loops and CoC Grippers etc.

I think I recall doing 2 finger deads with 180kg and more with the eagle loops. I had a bit of talent towards individual finger lifts.

Great to know they can take 180kg (not that I may ever get to that load ;)).

2 finger deads, was that a single finger per hand or two on each side? Either way, heavy lifting. :mh:

Fazc 12-02-2011 02:42 PM

Pretty sure it was around the 200k mark with Eagle Loops, they're certainly well made. The 180 was just done on a dare at a local gym, didn't have the eagle loops with me then.

Did you ever get into pinch gripping, I always found that quite fun but was pretty bad at it!

5kgLifter 12-02-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 194015)
Pretty sure it was around the 200k mark with Eagle Loops, they're certainly well made. The 180 was just done on a dare at a local gym, didn't have the eagle loops with me then.

Did you ever get into pinch gripping, I always found that quite fun but was pretty bad at it!

Pinch gripping, no...can't say that I would find any "fun" in that whereas with the finger deadlifts I do.

5kgLifter 06-24-2013 07:54 PM

Bumping for people's interest.

Jen_Zarello 06-24-2013 07:58 PM

That's crazy. I've not seen these before. My what a powerful middle finger you have.

5kgLifter 06-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen_Zarello (Post 378492)
That's crazy. I've not seen these before. My what a powerful middle finger you have.

Haha, thanks.

Yeah, these were a godsend of a find, prior to that I had to keep rigging stuff up...one of the "rigs" was just a cloth shopping bag and although the handles and the strength of the bag held up, the weight plates slid about inside it making it dangerous and that was at only 25kg.

Then I rigged up a woven rope set-up around a DB handle but the thing refused to stay central and made it more complex than it needed to be, adjusting for movement left and right whilst lifting...

...so, yeah, glad I came upon these.

Jen_Zarello 06-24-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 378494)
Haha, thanks.

Yeah, these were a godsend of a find, prior to that I had to keep rigging stuff up...one of the "rigs" was just a cloth shopping bag and although the handles and the strength of the bag held up, the weight plates slid about inside it making it dangerous and that was at only 25kg.

Then I rigged up a woven rope set-up around a DB handle but the thing refused to stay central and made it more complex than it needed to be, adjusting for movement left and right whilst lifting...

...so, yeah, glad I came upon these.

I can see how both scenarios could end badly. I may have a try and rig something up just to see if it's something I wanna keep doing. I can see how the eagle loops would be a god send.