Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Metal Militia (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7989)

Traphouse86 11-22-2011 01:34 PM

Metal Militia

Has anyone here tried this type of bench training??

Mr.Silverback 11-22-2011 01:35 PM

no sir not yet...those guys make me feel weak...lol Though i am curious to hear anyone's experience as well

Traphouse86 11-22-2011 02:51 PM

Same here. I've been reading about metal militia style benching for awhile now and was curious if anyone had hands on experience with it. I've always found it very interesting the approach they take. Plus considering I'm gonna compete in bench only for awhile it seemed like an approach I might would like to take.

Mr.Silverback 11-22-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traphouse86 (Post 191168)
Same here. I've been reading about metal militia style benching for awhile now and was curious if anyone had hands on experience with it. I've always found it very interesting the approach they take. Plus considering I'm gonna compete in bench only for awhile it seemed like an approach I might would like to take.

Your bench is gonna fly thru the roof!

Traphouse86 11-22-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback (Post 191176)
Your bench is gonna fly thru the roof!

That would be awesome lol. This is my week off from the gym so I might give it a go. I looked at some stuff on montreal barbell and the template they use looks like a winner. pretty much the same as the standard routine but you do 4x6 on your raw day and 2x5 paused bench. Everything else looks the same for the shirted day.

Mr.Silverback 11-22-2011 04:49 PM

i wonder if this would work for the RAW lifter? either way lemme know how it goes!

LtL 11-22-2011 04:53 PM

There is a different Militia template for RAW I believe. Not sure where to find it though...

LtL

Traphouse86 11-22-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback (Post 191225)
i wonder if this would work for the RAW lifter? either way lemme know how it goes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 191230)
There is a different Militia template for RAW I believe. Not sure where to find it though...

LtL

Your right LtL there is one for raw .......... If anyone is interested

Bench press with regular wide grip
6 sets 3 to 5 reps

Close Grip bench(Go one hand space in from regular grip)
Pause the bar on the bottom for 2 full seconds
6 sets 3 to 5 reps

Regular Grip Pause Bench
6 Sets 3 to 5 reps

After this you could do 3 sets of Pulldowns and 3 sets of Rows for 3 to 4 sets also 3 to 4 sets of DB side raises.
Do this workout for 3 months and keep track of your weights always trying to beat your last weeks weight.After 3 months take a few weeks away from benching and do more back and shoulder then go back and repeat the bench cycle.
Try to make it all the way thru this workout it is the volume that will cause an increase in the bench.it may take 2 to 3 weeks to get used to the high volume but stick with it.
This workout will wonders for anyones raw bench. And like stated above after 3 or 4 weeks add in some 3 2 1 board. The only thing I would add is some front raises with the straight bar 3 sets.

LtL 11-22-2011 05:34 PM

Thanks buddy. Interesting set-up but same theory as what I'm doing on Westside:

Bench press volume + heavy bench weights + Tricep work + upper back volume + some shoulder work = bigger bench

LtL

piatraelfa 11-22-2011 06:04 PM

Nope, but planning to.
However, this program is more for the suited lifters, and although I used to compete for IPF in a singly ply suit, I prefer to concentrate on other bench templates.