Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #21
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Not an expert by any means, but I agree with Soldier especially, and also with everyone else in that cardio is better than no cardio.

I personally think sprints are better for overall health, and for weight training too, rather than longer, lower intensity cardio which is better than nothing, but maybe not so good in the muscle building department, given the muscle burning elements longer runs entail.

Check out runners. Who looks stronger and fitter? Sprinters even up to 400 meters, or distance runners? David Oliver looks like beast, Haile Gerbersalasie looks like a holocaust survivor.

Add in the beating your joints take on a 20 minute jog as opposed to a 20 second sprint, I think it's a slam dunk for high intensity cardio as opposed to lower intensity.

However, regardless of goals, running in some form is better than no running at all. At the very least, all the time you're running, you're not eating chips or donuts for example.

Strength training overall is designed to make the human body perform better. Well running is a performance task for the body. Perhaps the oldest of all.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links