Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Strength Building Guide (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7785)

BendtheBar 11-01-2011 02:05 PM

Strength Building Guide

I am writing a strength building guide that will feature topics and sections for the beginning to intermediate lifter, and I want your feedback.

What would you like to be included?

Workout structure, periodization, novice programs, common strength building programs...

What say you?

IN ADDITION...If you want to write any of the sections, I will take submissions. This is going to be a major guide for Muscle & Strength and it will reach thousands each year.

big_swede 11-01-2011 02:09 PM

Great idea! What comes in mind right now is the following..

The use of GPP style work for conditioning and what benefits it will have on the strengthtraining.

The olympic lifts and their variations, and their use in a strength program.

The importance of technique on the lifts

Warmup suggestions

The importance of assistance lifts, and how to choose them to target ones weaknesses.

Easy periodization template.

Thats for start =)

Mr.Silverback 11-01-2011 02:59 PM

I would like to write a piece, just need to know where you want it directed and how long of a deadline.

Importance of conditioning
Importance of rest.
Everyone isn't a guru.

These come to mind!

BendtheBar 11-01-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback (Post 185520)
I would like to write a piece, just need to know where you want it directed and how long of a deadline.

Importance of conditioning
Importance of rest.
Everyone isn't a guru.

These come to mind!

I am working on an outline tomorrow. Once I get that done if anyone wants to get a hand in a section, it's up for grabs.

CoopDawg 11-01-2011 03:17 PM

lookin forward to this, beacuse im currently on a strength routine

Carl1174 11-01-2011 04:10 PM

sounds fantastic Steve, this is definitely the right place to get some submissions for the guide too, lots of really experienced and knowledgeable members.

I think you will do a great job mate

I think there should be a myth busting section, or something that deals with common misconceptions, and some stuff about diet too.

Carl.

MikeM 11-01-2011 05:08 PM

I like the myth debunking idea.

How about a section on food too?

Pull14 11-01-2011 06:10 PM

I like the sound of this, Steve. Will be looking forward the final product.

As for the suggestions, maybe consider adding a bit on training mentality - choosing goals (short/long term), maintaining the same goal and consistency in all aspects related to achieving that goal. In addition to how one would approach lifts mentally; from the warm up to the working sets to the PR attempts... And the many other "mentalities" that aren't coming mind right now.

Spartigus 11-01-2011 06:24 PM

I love this idea.

Maybe something on which supplements are worth investing in as a novice and intermediate? Which could tie into diet.

BendtheBar 11-01-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl1174 (Post 185540)
sounds fantastic Steve, this is definitely the right place to get some submissions for the guide too, lots of really experienced and knowledgeable members.

I think you will do a great job mate

I think there should be a myth busting section, or something that deals with common misconceptions, and some stuff about diet too.

Carl.

Myths and FAQ are always good. :mh: