Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mr.SB's revision: JuggerSide Program (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7525)

Mr.Silverback 10-06-2011 02:50 PM

Mr.SB's revision: JuggerSide Program

I posted this in my log, but wasnt sure if everyone saw as I would like input!

Alright I believe I have made the revision to my programming that I am comfortable with. Following the WSBB and Juggernaut templates I have come up with this.

ME Days
work up to 3rm (5,5,3,3,1,3rm)
Assistance Ex#1 (5-7 singles @ 80%)
Assistance Ex#2 (2 sets of 8 @ 70%)
Bicep Movement
Tricep Movement
Back movement or move to fifth day.
Ab work/Cardio

DE Days
60% @ 8 sets of 3
50-55% @ 6 sets of 2 (band or chain work)
Assistance Ex#1 60% (5x10) cable/machine/db
Assistance Ex#2 60% (3x8) Barbell work
Assistance Ex#3 2 sets of 15-20
Ab work/cardio

This pattern: ME/DE/DE/ME or ME/DE/ME/DE
Depends on how the body feels, but I am really comfortable with this set up! Any suggestions, comments, critiques...just wanna say I'm stupid or whatever...lol

jwood 10-06-2011 02:54 PM

I think this looks like a great set up to me. However, I feel that this looks pretty much just like a west side template.

How has juggernaut been put into the program? I must be missing something.

Mr.Silverback 10-06-2011 03:15 PM

yeah you are right it does and for the most part it follows a Westside template, but instead of working to 1rm...i liked how Chad works to a 3RM. That along with most of my assistance exercises being a variation of the main lift. (bench= WG bench or Floor Press) I hope I'm explaining it right. Thanks for the input, if you have any suggestion as to how I could change it I'm all ears bro!

jwood 10-06-2011 03:19 PM

I think it looks great bud. The only thing I would think about would be the back work after doing bis and tris. But you said you may move that to a fifth day which would be a better option.

The back is very important in lifting big weights and your back can never be too strong.

I think everything else looks great!

LtL 10-06-2011 03:36 PM

I'm not sure about singles for assistance work. Assistance should be light enough that it won't take away from the main lift but with enough volume to make you work. What does doing singles give you over volume?

LtL

Mr.Silverback 10-06-2011 05:10 PM

point taken Al, so instead I'll just call it movement 2 rather than just assistance work. Reason for theis is I want to cycle in Dead Bench on my ME upper days. In which I feel singles are best when doing those.

Mr.Silverback 10-06-2011 05:11 PM

sorry, thanks Jwood for your thoughts bro!

LtL 10-06-2011 05:16 PM

Makes sense I guess. Different rep ranges work better for different exercises. Not much back volume on there although I guess that'll be covered in assistance exercises. Looks solid.

LtL

Fazc 10-06-2011 05:27 PM

Interesting mix, to me the singles for exercise 2 and 3 make the Bench part at least resemble more of a Metal Militia type approach.

But whatever you want to call it, looks interesting. I'll be subbed to see how you respond to so many singles.

Good luck!

Mr.Silverback 10-06-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 178101)
Makes sense I guess. Different rep ranges work better for different exercises. Not much back volume on there although I guess that'll be covered in assistance exercises. Looks solid.

Thanks Al, I will cover back in assistance movements and possibly a day for back altogether...just depends on how I respond to this style, so far so go...lol
LtL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 178102)
Interesting mix, to me the singles for exercise 2 and 3 make the Bench part at least resemble more of a Metal Militia type approach.

But whatever you want to call it, looks interesting. I'll be subbed to see how you respond to so many singles.

Good luck!

Thanks Fazc, I will have to look up Metal Militia! Perhaps I cna use it for a client that is looking to begin PLing! Thanks for subbing and I will post up how I respond as well.