Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
powerlifter62
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

powerlifter62 is off to a bad start

Thank you. I'm sorry if I came off as defensive; I was trying to be explanatory. Even if I disagree with people's observations, I still like seeing them. And I certainly agree, she is amazing for her age. We'll have to see if she stays interested in lifting; that is completely up to her. For now though, she really wants to get the record back before she outgrows the weight class. At the beginning of Setpember, in a contest in Germany, a 44 year old lifter broke this world record (she squatted 209 vs. Naomi's 205). So, stay tuned!
powerlifter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum. I thought she was doing an amazing job for her age. Form is always hard to maintain near 1RM, but I could definitely tell she had been coached fairly well.

I tend to good morning my one rep maxes. At a certain point you need to brute force the lift and get it done even if things don't go as planned.

We respect the iron here at MAB and I hope that you understand that any criticism was meant in the best of spirits, and with the best of intentions.
+1 on this.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote