Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Juggernaut E-Book - Worth It?

Any purchased the Juggernaut e-book? Just wondering if you considered it worthy of your $20.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Any purchased the Juggernaut e-book? Just wondering if you considered it worthy of your $20.
What is it, Steve? Pardon my ignorance.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I know a few who have run the program and loved it. I have not read the book. Too cheap I guess. Working through the Powerbuilding book right now.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Here you go:

Elite FTS

Quote:
The Juggernaut Method: Strength, Power, and Conditioning for the Lifter and Athlete

The Juggernaut Method is a system of training designed to maximize your strength, speed, power and conditioning, making you a well rounded athletic force. Suitable for lifters of all abilities, from beginner to elite, the Juggernaut Method presents a well planned and periodized system to help you add size and strength.

As the owner of Juggernaut Training Systems, a national ranked shot putter and 800 pound raw squatter, Chad Wesley Smith, knows what lifters and athletes need to succeed. The Juggernaut Method outlines the strategies used by Juggernaut, one of the nationís fastest rising sports performance training centers, to improve speed, power, jumping ability and conditioning.

In the Juggernaut Method, Chad Wesley Smith, has put together a concise but comprehensive look at improving speed, power and conditioning. With influences from Jim Wendlerís 5/3/1, the training of all time great powerlifter Doug Young and elements of Block Periodization, this manual outlines cycles of training to help an athlete gain size, strength, all the while increasing their explosive power for sports performance.

The Juggernaut Method contains information on:

-The Juggernaut Method, the program which Chad Wesley Smith used to squat 800 pounds raw at his 1st powerlifting meet

-Implementing Jump Training into your plan

-Improving Speed and Rate of Force Development

-Medicine Ball Throws for total body power

-Including the Olympic Lifts in your training

-Conditioning plans to help you reduce body fat and improve endurance

-Assistance templates to reach a variety of physical goals

-Putting all of the above elements into one training cycle

The Juggernaut Method is a great resource for lifters and athletes looking to improve all facets of their physical performance.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I'm running Juggs right now and I am enjoying it a lot. The e-book is a must have if you are going to run the program. If you don't plan to run it, then it's probably not worth it.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I'm running Juggs right now and I am enjoying it a lot. The e-book is a must have if you are going to run the program. If you don't plan to run it, then it's probably not worth it.
Good info, it seems to be more of a manual than anything else. I forgot you were running this program, I will have to review your log.

Any reviews on the program itself? What have your results been like?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I'm only in my first time through it, so it's only been a short time. So far I really enjoy it. The conditioning is awesome because you end up doing a good bit of volume and higher reps. But I'm a big fan of high reps, so I'm finding it a lot more fun than 5/3/1. I am on the 5s weeks right now, so lower reps are coming. I think I'll find that I will fly past my old PRs some time during my second run-through.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Reading this right now.