Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Juggernaut E-Book - Worth It? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7221)

BendtheBar 09-01-2011 10:57 AM

Juggernaut E-Book - Worth It?

Any purchased the Juggernaut e-book? Just wondering if you considered it worthy of your $20.

Chillen 09-01-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 166832)
Any purchased the Juggernaut e-book? Just wondering if you considered it worthy of your $20.

What is it, Steve? Pardon my ignorance.:confused:

bamazav 09-01-2011 11:25 AM

I know a few who have run the program and loved it. I have not read the book. Too cheap I guess. Working through the Powerbuilding book right now.

BendtheBar 09-01-2011 11:26 AM

Here you go:

Elite FTS

Quote:

The Juggernaut Method: Strength, Power, and Conditioning for the Lifter and Athlete

The Juggernaut Method is a system of training designed to maximize your strength, speed, power and conditioning, making you a well rounded athletic force. Suitable for lifters of all abilities, from beginner to elite, the Juggernaut Method presents a well planned and periodized system to help you add size and strength.

As the owner of Juggernaut Training Systems, a national ranked shot putter and 800 pound raw squatter, Chad Wesley Smith, knows what lifters and athletes need to succeed. The Juggernaut Method outlines the strategies used by Juggernaut, one of the nationís fastest rising sports performance training centers, to improve speed, power, jumping ability and conditioning.

In the Juggernaut Method, Chad Wesley Smith, has put together a concise but comprehensive look at improving speed, power and conditioning. With influences from Jim Wendlerís 5/3/1, the training of all time great powerlifter Doug Young and elements of Block Periodization, this manual outlines cycles of training to help an athlete gain size, strength, all the while increasing their explosive power for sports performance.

The Juggernaut Method contains information on:

-The Juggernaut Method, the program which Chad Wesley Smith used to squat 800 pounds raw at his 1st powerlifting meet

-Implementing Jump Training into your plan

-Improving Speed and Rate of Force Development

-Medicine Ball Throws for total body power

-Including the Olympic Lifts in your training

-Conditioning plans to help you reduce body fat and improve endurance

-Assistance templates to reach a variety of physical goals

-Putting all of the above elements into one training cycle

The Juggernaut Method is a great resource for lifters and athletes looking to improve all facets of their physical performance.

Off Road 09-01-2011 03:05 PM

I'm running Juggs right now and I am enjoying it a lot. The e-book is a must have if you are going to run the program. If you don't plan to run it, then it's probably not worth it.

jwood 09-01-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 166933)
I'm running Juggs right now and I am enjoying it a lot. The e-book is a must have if you are going to run the program. If you don't plan to run it, then it's probably not worth it.

Good info, it seems to be more of a manual than anything else. I forgot you were running this program, I will have to review your log.

Any reviews on the program itself? What have your results been like?

Off Road 09-01-2011 06:42 PM

I'm only in my first time through it, so it's only been a short time. So far I really enjoy it. The conditioning is awesome because you end up doing a good bit of volume and higher reps. But I'm a big fan of high reps, so I'm finding it a lot more fun than 5/3/1. I am on the 5s weeks right now, so lower reps are coming. I think I'll find that I will fly past my old PRs some time during my second run-through.

BendtheBar 09-01-2011 07:07 PM

Reading this right now.