Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #21
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Yeah budday, I might let you try out my shirt if you're hench enough! :P

Also, if you want to give knee wraps a try in the next couple of weeks or whatever (DO IT!) then just give me a shout and I'll bring them in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I think you guys will have a great time with it; with a crew to work in and support you the transition to gear will definitely go smoother.
I plan on resisting temptation for as long as possible. Probably until the gap between my total and yours is too large for my ego to handle

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #22
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Start with a few sets of tripples off the 3 board. Then maybe 2 sets off the 2 board. Wet the shirt along the seems and chest plate each set. Week 2 hit 1 set off the 3 board, 2 sets off the 2 board, then a set off the 1 board. I would repeat week 2 on the 3rd week, but maybe add an extra set to the 1 board. Week 4 I would try to touch some weights, but dont neglect working the higher boards for your top end strength. I would continue to wet shirt each week, but a little less each time. This should let it break in nicely. As far as the suit goes your plan sounds fine. I am not a box squat kind of guy, but it sounds like a logical way to break it in. If you can get video please do. I will be happy to break it down for you.

Who did you order your titan suit from? Is it a super centurion? If so you will love it, straps run a little long normally. This will be good for you as you are not wanting it super tight. Later on you could have someone sow the straps to tight it up so.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw

Last edited by J_Byrd; 09-24-2011 at 06:11 PM.
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #23
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Just saw this thread. Just a couple of my opinions.

It doesn't matter how you put a shirt on, it matters how you get it seated and how much it's seated. Both collar and arm pits.

Wetting a poly shirt doesn't do anything to the material to make it stretch. It does allow you to seat it better deeper. So in breaking in a new shirt, it will help you touch in it.

Lifting in gear will be MUCH easier if you can train with some with experience in the type of gear you have.

I don't know SHIT about any gear but bench shirts. LOL
Old 09-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #24
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I really need to sit and read this thread, good stuff here.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #25
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Who did you order your titan suit from? Is it a super centurion? If so you will love it, straps run a little long normally. This will be good for you as you are not wanting it super tight. Later on you could have someone sow the straps to tight it up so.
I cheaped out and got a NXG+ Titan - Superior Squat Suit NXG+ - Squat - Powerlifting - Clothing and Shoes

They say it's a decent entry level one, so that should be good.

Cheers for the board advice, I'm videoing everything at the moment so I'll post it in this thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano
Wetting a poly shirt doesn't do anything to the material to make it stretch. It does allow you to seat it better deeper. So in breaking in a new shirt, it will help you touch in it.
Hopefully wetting will make it sit better, I still feel when I'm in the arched position the suit doesn't come down enough and the neck creeps up to my face too much. Could be my imagination but i'll get some vids, doing board presses today as it happens.

Cheers lads!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:03 AM   #26
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Fazc, letting the collar ride high will allow lighter weight to touch. To lock the shirt collar down, use a tight belt, below the belly. This will allow you to push your belly up to the bar and still hold the shirt down.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #27
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
Fazc, letting the collar ride high will allow lighter weight to touch. To lock the shirt collar down, use a tight belt, below the belly. This will allow you to push your belly up to the bar and still hold the shirt down.
Ahhh ok that's interesting. Well I'll play around with it and see what I can get to touch.

Cheers.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #28
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
It is also a good suit, in my opinion Titan doesn't make a bad piece of gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
Ryano is correct (like always when it comes to this topic) keep the collar high, lock the belt down bellow the belly. You will be able to touch lighter stuff. Don't worry about trying to jack the shirt until you are comfortable.

Proudly sponsored by

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #29
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

I decided to take the plunge several months ago... bought a inzer t-rex (double ply), power pant briefs, single ply rage x, and iron z wrist and knee wraps...

I thought it was a lost cause with all of it, as i couldnt get anything to work, but i'm making good progress with the t-rex on squats finally... i've figures out how to use the power pants for deads, but theres just not a lot to powerpants. Lol.
I've only tried pulling in the t-rex once and it felt horrible... need more practice there i guess...

The rage x is a nightmare for me... i havent even put it back on in the past month or so. I think its just too dang small. Best i was able to do with it was 405x2 off a 2 board with it feeling like it was literally about to dislocate my shoulders.... not in a supportive kind of way, but as in something is not right here kind of way. I cant arch, cant draw my shoukder blades together, cant get my hands far enough apart... its a size 46. I'm 5'9" 190 lb if that helps...

Any thoughts?
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #30
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

I dont know a ton about the TRex, but I think it is made to be used with a wide stance, and to pull with in sumo. The powerpants are about worthless, I think you would be better off with a cheap zsuit and cutting the straps off of it. I have done that in the past, it makes for a good set of light briefs. Plus they are only like $35. The thing about pulling in a tight suit is that you have to pull yourself down into the bar. You will see some people bend straight over and put their hands on bar, and pull themselves down.

As far as the shirt, what is your chest messurement. You should take it, add 2 inches and thats what shirt you should be in. To me it just sounds like a tight shirt. If that is the case, wet the seams, work higher boards, and it will break it. It will take several workouts before the shirt is broke in.

Proudly sponsored by