Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I have nothing more to add as I've never even come close to training in any Westside fashion, so my opinion wouldn't mean much. I have had contact with guys that train there though. I do agree with BtB, Westside is just a starting point and Louie adjusts things for each individual. There is no Westside without Louise. I'm sure he could take a raw lifter and get him plenty strong.

Last edited by Off Road; 03-28-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #22
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Programs, Gear are just tools to be used towards the same goal Strength. The key is determining how best to set it up per the individual.
Can a Raw lifter get stronger in his lifts using gear? I offer why are there Partial movements like Rack pulls or walkouts, Rev Bands, chains ect.
Go back to how Paul Anderson use to lift, lots of partial movements.
There are many benefits gear can offer, one being the mind gets use to handling heavier loads as does the your CNS. The answer to what works is what you can recover from. When your talking about 900lb raw squats your time frame for getting gear work in addition to your raw work I think is just something most elite's have had a hard time finding the proper balance. Plus its simpler to just train raw.
Gear you have to keep sized correctly pia but if you don't your numbers will vary considerably or just not fit entirely.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote