Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast
Default VIP Training and Strength Sport Gym

Alright Guys I met with Brian Reed today the owner at VIP Personal training and first of all I just want to say that he is an awesome guy very knowledgeable. The place it awesome, pretty much what I would like to own one day. His equipment is perfect, it is basically a powerlifter's dream land.

Here is the link to the website for pictures:
Welcome to VIP Personal Training - fitness training in Bucks County

Here is the deal, they train using a westside template as I would have guessed and it seems they have a pretty serious group of guys. Usually he makes a new member do a full month with him which is very pricey. Since it is westside that means 4 days a week for a month and 40 dollars a session, this equals 640 for the first month. Not happening for me.

Then as we got talking about powerlifting he decided that I have enough knowledge and experience to pretty much train there. So the deal is 50 dollars a month and I can train with his group of guys for now. But when I start work again this will not be possible, they train at 11 o'clock.

So I am really thinking of doing this, what do you guys think? I think it would be an awesome experience and it is pretty awesome I have this place in the area.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I would go for it for $50 a month.

You think there's going to be any stink if the other guys figure out your rate?

I think training with some beasts will be a good thing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I would go for it for $50 a month.

You think there's going to be any stink if the other guys figure out your rate?

I think training with some beasts will be a good thing.
I think I am going to go for it, at least for now. Things may change in the future with work and stuff but I think I have to at least give it a shot.

I do not think there will be any stink from other guys, I think 50 is what he charges after you get through the first month of individual sessions. So I think the group of guys that he trains with all pay 50.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post

I do not think there will be any stink from other guys, I think 50 is what he charges after you get through the first month of individual sessions. So I think the group of guys that he trains with all pay 50.
I gotcha.

The energy training with guys like that should be well worth it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I gotcha.

The energy training with guys like that should be well worth it.
That is exactly my thought, I am going to contact him and see if I can start at the beginning of August, which will fit perfectly because next week I have a deload week and then I can start there fresh hopefully all goes to plan.

I think I could learn a ton from these guys. I have been watching some of their youtube videos and they have some strong fellas.