Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   VIP Training and Strength Sport Gym (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6877)

jwood 07-22-2011 12:26 PM

VIP Training and Strength Sport Gym

Alright Guys I met with Brian Reed today the owner at VIP Personal training and first of all I just want to say that he is an awesome guy very knowledgeable. The place it awesome, pretty much what I would like to own one day. His equipment is perfect, it is basically a powerlifter's dream land.

Here is the link to the website for pictures:
Welcome to VIP Personal Training - fitness training in Bucks County

Here is the deal, they train using a westside template as I would have guessed and it seems they have a pretty serious group of guys. Usually he makes a new member do a full month with him which is very pricey. Since it is westside that means 4 days a week for a month and 40 dollars a session, this equals 640 for the first month. Not happening for me.

Then as we got talking about powerlifting he decided that I have enough knowledge and experience to pretty much train there. So the deal is 50 dollars a month and I can train with his group of guys for now. But when I start work again this will not be possible, they train at 11 o'clock.

So I am really thinking of doing this, what do you guys think? I think it would be an awesome experience and it is pretty awesome I have this place in the area.

BendtheBar 07-22-2011 01:03 PM

I would go for it for $50 a month.

You think there's going to be any stink if the other guys figure out your rate?

I think training with some beasts will be a good thing.

jwood 07-22-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 155167)
I would go for it for $50 a month.

You think there's going to be any stink if the other guys figure out your rate?

I think training with some beasts will be a good thing.

I think I am going to go for it, at least for now. Things may change in the future with work and stuff but I think I have to at least give it a shot.

I do not think there will be any stink from other guys, I think 50 is what he charges after you get through the first month of individual sessions. So I think the group of guys that he trains with all pay 50.

BendtheBar 07-22-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 155173)

I do not think there will be any stink from other guys, I think 50 is what he charges after you get through the first month of individual sessions. So I think the group of guys that he trains with all pay 50.

I gotcha.

The energy training with guys like that should be well worth it.

jwood 07-22-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 155176)
I gotcha.

The energy training with guys like that should be well worth it.

That is exactly my thought, I am going to contact him and see if I can start at the beginning of August, which will fit perfectly because next week I have a deload week and then I can start there fresh hopefully all goes to plan.

I think I could learn a ton from these guys. I have been watching some of their youtube videos and they have some strong fellas.